I've been playing for about 4 years now and I've been using a 300$ starter pack guitar and its about time to upgrade. so instead of beating around the bush im just gunna go all out and get what i want. My question is what are the main differences between the American strat and the American deluxe strat and is the worth the extra $cratch.
Sorry, but we're legally obligated to ask this question.. what amp are you using?

Also, what genre?
deluxe FTW!!!!

basically, if you like the sound of the noiseless pups, DEFINITELY go deluxe. however, a lot of ppl prefer the traditional single coil sound. in which case, go with the standard. thats rly the only major deciding factor

psbtw: before buying anything, DO A LOT OF RESEARCH
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
The pups and the S1 system are the big difference. If you poke around the intraweb! you'll see a lot of horror stories about people experiencing problems with the S1 and Fender customer service making them jump through hoops to get their replacement part months later. The S1 is proprietary, not after-market, and Fender doesn't give them away. You'll also see a lot of people raving about how awesome their Deluxe is. You'll love the thing but don't say you weren't warned about how hard it is to get the S1 fixed.
Quote by Comfortablylomb
The pups and the S1 system are the big difference. If you poke around the intraweb! you'll see a lot of horror stories about people experiencing problems with the S1 and Fender customer service making them jump through hoops to get their replacement part months later. The S1 is proprietary, not after-market, and Fender doesn't give them away. You'll also see a lot of people raving about how awesome their Deluxe is. You'll love the thing but don't say you weren't warned about how hard it is to get the S1 fixed.

thats why you have a local store who's owner has a fender license. you also happen to have to kno the owner and have a lifetime warranty with him i love local guys.

my friend got an ej strat from him that came in a little funky, and he had new parts for it in and installed in less than two weeks
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I dont know what amp i might get yet. thats for another day. but im into a lot of hendrix but im not quite good enough to play a lot of his stuff yet, also into chili peppers and led zeppelin and just sort of classic rock stuff.
Quote by Guitar Hero 69
I dont know what amp i might get yet. thats for another day. but im into a lot of hendrix but im not quite good enough to play a lot of his stuff yet, also into chili peppers and led zeppelin and just sort of classic rock stuff.

eh, you might want to go more with he traditional single coils...idk, thats up to you, can you visit a shop and try both right together?
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by Guitar Hero 69

if your playing through the amp that came with your starter pack, get a new one first, then save up and buy a strat.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT