I just purchased a new ipod nano and I've noticed that, although the sound quality is good overall, the guitar in songs is being blocked out or masked by drums and vocals. Being a guitarist, I of course like to be able to hear my instrument in songs and I'm having trouble. I've tried about every EQ setting and none seem to bring the guitar out. I was thinking it might be my headphones but I'm not sure. Do you guys have any idea what I could do to make the guitar stand out more?

My leet rig
Schecter Hellraiser
Agile AL-3100
Ibanez RG120
Alvarez RF8
Yamaha G-55 Classical
Peavey Valveking
Vox AD15VT
Pod XT Live
Ibanez Weeping Demon
It sounds like either your songs or headphones are shit quality.
Go here, you'll probably get better responses.
don't use those iPod earbuds, they sound like **** and are very bad for your hearing
"The sounds of the universe were joined together according to musical concord" -Plato

Quote by adamungar1
Don't quote me, but I think it's a requirement to pledge allegiance if you're running for president :S

myspace.com/musicartenergy
AIM: enmusicerartgy
Screw Lime Wire and buy a fcucking CD

that's the best idea i've got, although I never did it, and just erased the song, and downloaded a different version of it.. maybe?

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
go to settings and choose an eq setting. that should do the trick
I see no sign of fortress.
is it just me or has anyone noticed CD's to be better sound quality? or maybe not technically better sound quality but CDs sound alot better than mp3s
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
You need better quality music or better headphones.
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
Quote by rebeltildeth87
is it just me or has anyone noticed CD's to be better sound quality? or maybe not technically better sound quality but CDs sound alot better than mp3s

It amazes me when people say things like that.

An mp3 is a compressed file. file size on a CD is like 30-50mb, an mp3 is compressed down to like 5-10

is it any wonder theres a difference? The bitrate of a CD is massive, that's why the sound better.

you could rip mp3s at the same bitrate that CDs are encoded in but you'd need a few terrabytes to store a decent sized collection.
Most of my music is from CDs. I definitely notice a difference between my computer speakers and my headphones so I'm not sure about the mp3 vs. CD thing. I am thinking it's my headphones because they are Skull Candy (Smokin buds I believe) and I've heard nothing but bad stuff about them. What are some quality headphones?

My leet rig
Schecter Hellraiser
Agile AL-3100
Ibanez RG120
Alvarez RF8
Yamaha G-55 Classical
Peavey Valveking
Vox AD15VT
Pod XT Live
Ibanez Weeping Demon