ive been playing for two years now, when i was first starting out i used to only hold my pick with my thumb middle and index finger. I soon realized that releasing the middle finger and holding the pick perpendicular to my thumb makes it easier to palm mute and play certain rythms. So as of now i play the bottom three strings with my thumb and index finger and the top three strings with my thumb index and middle finger, this is not good because it slows me down when im doing scale runs. So i need to pick one, so one question, how do you hold youre pick when your playing leads and also when you sweep (i always use my thumb index and middle finger for sweeping) i am asking this so i can pick one and practice in front of the TV until this bad habit is corrected (hey, thats how i learned to sweep and corrected other bad habits)
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Practice practice and more practice the right way and that will become natural to you... that's pretty much the only way
Quote by lopezmetalmunky
Quote by nasadm
Quote by lopezmetalmunky
Super epic win. I love you now
Made siggable

Nice. now I'll be suing you.
Quote by nasadm
Practice practice and more practice the right way and that will become natural to you... that's pretty much the only way

what im trying to ask what is the right way???
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
the pick between your thumb and index finger.
Quote by lopezmetalmunky
Quote by nasadm
Quote by lopezmetalmunky
Made siggable

Quote by nasadm
the pick between your thumb and index finger.

even when soloing on the higher notes?
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
yes, I always hold my pick the same. just practice like that it'll seem akward if you held it the other way but you hold it the same for picking any string

If you hold the pick sideways to economy pick and tremolo pick then turn it a little bit when you hold it don't hold it sideways...
Quote by lopezmetalmunky
Quote by nasadm
Quote by lopezmetalmunky
Made siggable

Last edited by nasadm at Feb 2, 2008,
i guess ill start now. ill turn on the history channel and start practicing. Having the TV on really helps, i barley pay attention to the TV and more on practicing but it helps me not get bored to death and i end up practicing for a lot longer.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????