so i just got a new set of strings, 12-54s.
i got them so i could detune, but now im terrified of tuning up to standard without breaking a string. so my question is, should i be fine? and how can i prevent a string breaking? oh these are d'addario strings, and it said on the package "optimized for standard and down tuned" any help appreciated, thanks.
You ask me "oh god why?"
'Cause im god thats fuckin why.
"optimized for standard and down tuned"

need i say more?
I see no sign of fortress.
if it sez "optimized for standard and down tuned" u should be fine...dont worry bout it
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
i swear by this gauge. use from e flat and down to drop b. im sure you'll be alright with standard. just tune up gently :P
well i have the same brand strings on my SG... and i was scared 2 go back up 2 standard, too... but i did it anyway and was just fine...
hope i helped...
It probably won't break if you tune it back up, but constant detuning will wear the strings out faster methinks. I wouldn't worry about it too much. You'll break strings once in a while, it's pretty much inevitable unless you play really light and don't do any lead work.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
strings will be fine. I use .11's-.60's and I"m tuned to standard. jam on bro. and remember, Bridge cable strings are the only way to go.
Just tune it. What's so scary about a string taking out your eye?
Quote by lopezmetalmunky
Quote by nasadm
Quote by lopezmetalmunky
Super epic win. I love you now
Made siggable

Nice. now I'll be suing you.