My band and I have been recording some demo tracks for our myspace www.myspace.com/durdenil

we are having some problems though with getting the timing right. When everyone plays the songs in practice, it's all good and all in time. When we go to record however we have some problems. We have two eight tracks, one four track, and one microphone to record with.

For one song we need to record Vocals, Drums, Bass, An acoustic (that plays the whole time) A clean lead (blues kind of background track), and a solo track (four solos, can't be recorded with the other guitars due to channel selections)

any ideas?
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
take this to Riffs & Recordings

edit
now that this is in the correct place, read over the stickies and watch the videos.

your MTRs, are they analog or digital?
I suggest selling them and putting the money into a few good mics and an interface so you can record two mics at one time. For drums you may have to mix more than two mics into the interface with an analog mixer.

Your goal is to get all tracks separate, which means a different track for each instrument/take.
Last edited by moody07747 at Feb 2, 2008,
Taken.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
buy the latest issue of Guitar World, they have a section on recording.
^Well it might help, I believe he can get far more and better help from reading the stickies and checking out this website: http://www.tweakheadz.com/guide.htm
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.