Page 1 of 3
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
one problem... everyone already knows global warming is fake.

No way dude you wouldn't believe the amount of people that love Al Gore (I'm thankfully not one of them).
Quote by tom-the-lawn
No way dude you wouldn't believe the amount of people that love Al Gore (I'm thankfully not one of them).

name one person who loves Al Gore... (can't be Al Gore)
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
one problem... everyone already knows global warming is fake.

Not here. A majority of the posters here are in the "OMG E R GOIN' 2 DIEZ!!!1111" camp.

They claim that climate change is a problem, yet they sit on their computer burning carbon. Irony. I love it.
well enough people love al gore that he can win a nobel prize for making a freaking slideshow
thats pretty cool. I've always believed it was a natural cycle and has been going on for years. thanks for sharing this.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
i already knew global wamring was just a big "ZoMMG WeRRz goiNa DIIEEE!!!111!!" exageration. Its ture its gettign warmer, but nothing out of the ordinary, temperature drops and rises people it doesn't just go up and stay there. What goes up must come down, Every action, theres a reaction. Basic science. Im not saying global wamring doesn't exist, it does, just a very very minor one, that will pass. And it will start to go colder, and then from there go back up again. But that doesn't mean we should use up natural resources like cannibals. Not because of pollution, but that we need it to survive as a society.
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
you guys don't actually understand the implications of climate change.

The earth goes through cycles as this australian dude in the videos is saying.

200000 years of cold (or ice age) followed by 10000 years of moderate weather (like we have now)

As this dude mentions, we've had moderate weather for about 10000 years. Thats bad.

Why? because it means the period of cooling is coming again BUT the period of cooling is immediately preceeded by a brief period of INCREASING temperature. If the temperature keeps increasing the chances of an ice age beginning within in the next centuary keep increasing.

If human activities ARE increasing the global temperature and CONTINUE to increase global temperature then we'll hit that ice age sooner than we're supposed to and then we're all ****ed.
Quote by freedoms_stain
you guys don't actually understand the implications of climate change.

The earth goes through cycles as this australian dude in the videos is saying.

200000 years of cold (or ice age) followed by 10000 years of moderate weather (like we have now)

As this dude mentions, we've had moderate weather for about 10000 years. Thats bad.

Why? because it means the period of cooling is coming again BUT the period of cooling is immediately preceeded by a brief period of INCREASING temperature. If the temperature keeps increasing the chances of an ice age beginning within in the next centuary keep increasing.

If human activities ARE increasing the global temperature and CONTINUE to increase global temperature then we'll hit that ice age sooner than we're supposed to and then we're all ****ed.

I don't think an ice age is as bad as you think it is. I went to a Nobel conference that I was forced to go to by my school that talked about global warming for 8 hours and an ice age is about a 10 degree difference. Not something that will kill us
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by tr3nt
I don't think an ice age is as bad as you think it is. I went to a Nobel conference that I was forced to go to by my school that talked about global warming for 8 hours and an ice age is about a 10 degree difference. Not something that will kill us

listen to Mr australian geologists speech, he's a global warming sceptic and he believes an ice age will wipe out our main food crops.

People might be able to survive a 10 degree drop, but all of us? what'll we eat if the crops we rely on aren't there? Alot of people will starve.
Yeah global warming is totally fake. Sure. I guess how looking at the last 15 years almost has the hottest weather ever recorded over here in Norway. Also how the weather has been heading into a more and more extreme direction is just a big coincidence huh?

The ENTIRE world is taking this, and approaching it, as a serious problem except the Americans. Do you guys seriously think you know more then most scientists?

whatadrag, that proves nothing. And, do you seriusly believe that's the only house Geroge W. Bush owns? And stop stealing avatars.

Al Gore, in himself is not the prime example for this case, however you have to smear on a pretty thick layer to get anything through the head of the american public that doesn't bode well for their future, and for just that. He was the perfect man.
Last edited by JilaX^ at Feb 2, 2008,
i think the enviro-this and green-that products being sold now are mostly bull****. i don't treat the environment that well, but it's probably time we all did.
Quote by andyd93
Sounds like Norton Antivirus...

Oh god. I had that, and it crashed my comp soo often. Then I downloaded that free AVG stuff, and it listed Norton as a virus XD

So I guess AVG is like the *insert better politician here* of computers.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by freedoms_stain
listen to Mr australian geologists speech, he's a global warming sceptic and he believes an ice age will wipe out our main food crops.

People might be able to survive a 10 degree drop, but all of us? what'll we eat if the crops we rely on aren't there? Alot of people will starve.

I guess. I don't really have an answer for that but over time it will adapt.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by JilaX^
Yeah global warming is totally fake. Sure. I guess how looking at the last 15 years almost has the hottest weather ever recorded over here in Norway. Also how the weather has been heading into a more and more extreme direction is just a big coincidence huh?

The ENTIRE world is taking this, and approaching it, as a serious problem except the Americans. Do you guys seriously think you know more then most scientists?

whatadrag, that proves nothing. And, do you seriusly believe that's the only house Geroge W. Bush owns? And stop stealing avatars.

Al Gore, in himself is not the prime example for this case, however you have to smear on a pretty thick layer to get anything through the head of the american public that doesn't bode well for their future, and for just that. He was the perfect man.

Past 15 years = ages?

My cousin has 2 masters: one in meterology and one in climatology. He said that the error for measuring global temperature is +/- 1.8 degrees, but the measured increase is said to be .7 degrees (all in Celsius, of course). So basically the change is insignificant.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by tr3nt
I guess. I don't really have an answer for that but over time it will adapt.

Indeed, there will be a number of us who survive in the long run, it's not that there will be 'no' food, but there will be a severe reduction, so basically the human population will be decimated. The race will survive because we're to ingenius for all of us to be wiped out, but alot of other species will probably be wiped out. Like our farm animals.
Quote by stradivari310
Past 15 years = ages?

My cousin has 2 masters: one in meterology and one in climatology. He said that the error for measuring global temperature is +/- 1.8 degrees, but the measured increase is said to be .7 degrees (all in Celsius, of course). So basically the change is insignificant.

Wait a second there mr, the australian geologist dude definately said the change was significant in terms of todays temperature, but insignificant compared to temperatures the planet has reached in the last 10000 years. But from here the temperature can go up, or it can go down. But it looks like it's still rising.
Global warming is about temperature Flux not it getting constantly warmer.
if you really dont beleive all the things humans are doing isn't influencing the worlds environment your an idiot.
Quote by crustyreed
your an idiot.

My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Quote by JilaX^

Global Warming does exist, the scientist in the video has never contradicted this. Global warming has been present since as far back as conceivable data may show. But based on this same past data the future of the planet is not going to pan out as these liberal morons make it out to.
Quote by JilaX^
The ENTIRE world is taking this, and approaching it, as a serious problem except the Americans.

actually The US is the fourth leader in the "green" movement, China is the last out of about 60. Get your facts straight.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Quote by angus is god
actually The US is the fourth leader in the "green" movement, China is the last out of about 60. Get your facts straight.

Why won't they sign the Kyoto agreement then?
Quote by freedoms_stain

$$$$$$$$
Sorry to all you "Global Warming Hippies" but I think another Ice Age sounds pretty ****ing rad.
Quote by JohnnyTrash
Sorry to all you "Global Warming Hippies" but I think another Ice Age sounds pretty ****ing rad.

I hope you enjoy hunger.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I hope you enjoy hunger.

Naw man, just eat the Chinese... I mean, they're overpopulated anyways...
Quote by angus is god

we are still clearly not doing enough however,

and to all the nay sayers, i dont buy into ALOT of things (religion for one) but global warming is one of the few mainstream topics that i follow. There is OVERWHELMING evidence of an increase in the temperature, which of course a few degrees may not sound bad, but everything here on earth has tolerances, different regions lifeforms (animals AND PLANT LIFE) can only survive in certain ranges of temp. What happens when certain crops cannot yield well when the temperature is just a few degrees too warm or cold? Less food.

and to those claiming fear mongering, your looking in the wrong area, u should be taking a hard look at things such as terrorism, religion, and certain mass media (do you see any good news on the news anymore?)
Quote by Paquijón
$$$$$$$$

EXACTLY, money, is what everything comes down to,
Quote by freedoms_stain

because of all the "pork" attached, there are about 6 billion dollars worth of sub agreements that will only go to the UN and do nothing else but give a raise to all who reside in it.

AKA: bull**** bucks.

The US government would sign if all those sub agreements were erased.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Quote by nt1440
we are still clearly not doing enough however,

and to all the nay sayers, i dont buy into ALOT of things (religion for one) but global warming is one of the few mainstream topics that i follow. There is OVERWHELMING evidence of an increase in the temperature, which of course a few degrees may not sound bad, but everything here on earth has tolerances, different regions lifeforms (animals AND PLANT LIFE) can only survive in certain ranges of temp. What happens when certain crops cannot yield well when the temperature is just a few degrees too warm or cold? Less food.

and to those claiming fear mongering, your looking in the wrong area, u should be taking a hard look at things such as terrorism, religion, and certain mass media (do you see any good news on the news anymore?)

No one is denying a recent climb in temperature, but, if you watch the video, this has happened many, many time before to an even worse degree.
Quote by Paquijón
No one is denying a recent climb in temperature, but, if you watch the video, this has happened many, many time before to an even worse degree.

yes i am going to watch the video, but ppl should still think about the amount of crap were pouring into the environment, theres no way that can be good, and even if global warming is a big hoax, at least laws and action towards curbing it, can only help reduce the impact of chemicals we carelessly through into the air
Quote by nt1440
yes i am going to watch the video, but ppl should still think about the amount of crap were pouring into the environment, theres no way that can be good, and even if global warming is a big hoax, at least laws and action towards curbing it, can only help reduce the impact of chemicals we carelessly through into the air

I agree completely.
thanks for actually listening to a statement and forming you OWN opinion on it with no biases, unlike so many people out there today
Quote by nt1440
thanks for actually listening to a statement and forming you OWN opinion on it with no biases, unlike so many people out there today

Too many people love their lifestyle too much. Anything that threatens it is met with hostility and ridicule.

Not many "lawl global warming is teh lose fakorzerz" people have replied since people began discussing the problem logically.
Quote by freedoms_stain

We'll have to eat the children, then the women. You can take eating the women in any context you wish.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Page 1 of 3