Page 1 of 3
its not that i dont have the money i just dont care
to me like when i see someone Ugg boots or something that says hollisterr or etnies or american eagle
i just have the urge to hate them because those clothes send a message to me, a message that says "i want to fit in and wear these because all the popular people wear these and im a shallow person who judges people on what they wear"
For me its only shirts that matter, I get band or skate shirts. Jeans, I find a pair that are cheap and if I like how they look/feel I get them.
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
Who cares about a name, they are just clothes, all you pay for is the name
I get all my clothes from Target and the are pretty awesome.

Don't get the clothes, you will save money and stuff, otherwise, if you become a sheep, you will regret it later on
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
I buy clothes that do 3 things.
Are comfortable
are cheap
look ok on me.
I don't even wear clothes that belong to me, I just find them in various places and start wearing them. Kinda like a parasite. So no.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
i wear fake clothes that look like the brands just because i think they look nice. I mostly wear hand me downs though, and theres a lot of real brand name things in there which I quite like.
Quote by soccermom
Of course eating unbelievable amounts of anything can probably harm you, but i chose bananas because they look like willies.
I do wear quite a lot of branded clothing, mainly for two reasons:

1. 99% of the time, they're better quality.
2. Generally, you get better designs and nicer looking clothes branded, especially jeans, shoes and buttoned shirts.

That being said, I won't not wear something just because it's unbranded/cheap brand. I have many unbranded tops and some Primark () jeans.
I don't care as long as they look good and are cheap.
It's gonna be a blue day
Couldnt give a flying ****. The money I save not buying branded clothes goes in the beer fund.
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.
I don't really wear brand name stuff, if it looks good and it's cheap I might consider it but if it's expensive I will just ignore it. I don't set out to not wear brand name stuff though.
if the clothes look cool are cheap and fit i buy them
i absolutely hate hollister and ae but i do wear some skate brand clothing cuz i skate
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
I buy clothes that I think look good on me and are comfortable. Problem is, typically what I find comfortable in jeans is from AE or Aeropostle. Shirts.. I couldn't care really, as long as it looks good, I'll typically buy a shirt from a band I like. Its not like I go around flaunting my Aeropostle jeans though..
Member #16 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join
I deliberatley don't wear big brand names like that....dosen't make sense to me
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
Quote by Small Print
I do wear quite a lot of branded clothing, mainly for two reasons:

1. 99% of the time, they're better quality.
2. Generally, you get better designs and nicer looking clothes branded, especially jeans, shoes and buttoned shirts.

That being said, I won't not wear something just because it's unbranded/cheap brand. I have many unbranded tops and some Primark () jeans.

Not necessary

I got a $70 Ripcurl jacket the other month, It looked awesome but

- It went out of shape
- It faded
- My jackets from target from 6 months ago looked better and lasted longer than it

But i do buy some brands because of the quality like Globe skate shoes and brand name hats and stuff
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

Around here it's cool to not have lame names on your clothes... Yeah dunno what's up over there.
I'll wear Aero or whatever, but I don't do it to impress anyone, their stuff is comfy and fits well. I do, however wear band shirts to flaunt my taste in music.
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
Some things in fashion are difficult to escape, like skinny jeans for girls. Go to any store and find a good pair of jeans that aren't skinny jeans. You can't, because there isn't a demand for them. Even the people who don't want to wear them have started to.

But anyway, brand name clothing is just a safe bet for people who are afraid to take risks. Notice that whoever got/gets voted Best Dressed in your old (or current) high school created trends rather than followed them. Often times the people who are looked up to most for their fashion sense dress nothing like the sheep who wear Abercrombie and Hollister. It's more common that they get a lot of their clothing at thrift stores and combine them with existing trends to create new ones.

So there really is no point in buying mainstream clothes because it does just what you know it will: makes you blend in, not stand out, and that affects some people negatively as well.
I will not ever wear a polo shirt. Or anything from American Eagle. For 1) It's dumb. I'm not paying extra money for a stupid logo. and 2) I think they look stupid.

I'll wear what I want. Which right now constitutes a white and black hoodie covered in bombs, a Megadeth shirt and black jeans.
If it's got a cool or catchy logo I'll wear it, jeans aren't that important, I mean what they look like is but I still just get them from a jeans place, they aren't any specific brand name. But I'll wear brand name clothes whether the name is in or not, I won't get something just cause it has the name though, it has to look good.. lol
not at all.

Shoes, however, definetly matters.

CONVERSE CHUCK TAYLOR FTW!

EDIT: here they are, the sexiest shoes ever made...
Attachments:
CONVERSE.jpg
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
I don't usually. I just buy whatever, usually at walmart. I feel the same way about "scene" clothes and band tees.
Quote by Angus_Junior35
not at all.

Shoes, however, definetly matters.

CONVERSE CHUCK TAYLOR FTW!

/agree

Converse FTW.
I haven't got much of a fashion sense

90% Of my clothes are black with black skinny jeans, but do i care what people think, I reckon they look awesome and people don't like it they can f*ck off
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

The only "brand name" shirt I've ever gotten was a completely black long-sleeve shirt from Old Navy.

I needed a black long-sleeve shirt, and it was five bucks.
i don't wear it because its brand name, but the brand name stuff usually looks better on me than other stuff does.
Quote by Acquiescence
its not that i dont have the money i just dont care
to me like when i see someone Ugg boots or something that says hollisterr or etnies or american eagle
i just have the urge to hate them because those clothes send a message to me, a message that says "i want to fit in and wear these because all the popular people wear these and im a shallow person who judges people on what they wear"

my thoughts EXACTLY, its a real dissapointment (as in actual dissapointment) when i see my friends wearing Uggs/A&E/ watever. Its just like every other fashion trend/brands from the past that people buy into, like the famed Members Only jackets from the 80's. im sure many who read this post just laughed at the members only referance, but thats my point, it looks dorky now years later. People who wore that clothing in the 80's ask themselves why they did, when looking back at it. The same will happen to those among us buying into current clothing trends.

as for me, jeans and a t shirt, thats it, classic and not falling into any stereotype, just the way i like it
i dont even care if they look good or not i just care if they fit
i also despise clothing that has any type of letters on it.... funnily enough i love bands but i hate all band shirts.... why? partly because the only band shirts people wear are either
AC/DC
Led zeppelin
Black Sabbath
Pink Floyd

you know the stereotypical teenage male boys music tastes
i cant see the point in wearing a uniform for a comany that doesnt pay me.

they should pay me to wear their brand, after all. it is pretty much just advertising.
Quote by fretsonfire74
i don't wear it because its brand name, but the brand name stuff usually looks better on me than other stuff does.

True. Also, American Eagle is all I can find that makes jeans my size without special ordering.
Does L.L. Bean count?
██████████████████████████████
I just don't care about wearing clothes at all. Unfortunately, the authorities and my neighbors do.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
I'll wear anything wheter it be Primark or Topman or w/e as long as I like it. Screw everyone else!
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.
Page 1 of 3