I'm transcribing "Adagio For Strings" to guitar pro using the original sheet, and to do the Viola part it uses the Alto Clef which guitar pro doesn't have .
So I planned to use the G or F clef and just tune the 4th four strings to the viola tuning.
But in the sheet transcribing, is the C in the alto cleff in the same place that in the G cleff or in the F clef?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I believe middle C in the alto cleff is movable. Wherever the middle of the cleff symbol falls, is middle C. Read the notes from wherever middle C is. I hope that makes sense.

B------------

If that B is the cleff symbol, that line is middle C, no matter which line it is.
Quote by kaptkegan
I believe middle C in the alto cleff is movable. Wherever the middle of the cleff symbol falls, is middle C. Read the notes from wherever middle C is. I hope that makes sense.

B------------

If that B is the cleff symbol, that line is middle C, no matter which line it is.

Correct. You'll notice the tenor clef is the exact same, just moves up one line. That clef is movable.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Each staff line and space on the alto clef is exactly one note up from the treble clef, so just move the notes down to get the relative note on the G clef.
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"
Damn... I would like to help, because ive just been learning about arranging melodies for Soprano Alto, Tenor and Bass (SATB) but i dont understand it in the slightest x)
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN