Random question of the day, is there a need for two distortion pedals?

I have a Digitech HotHead and am thinking of buying a Digitech Grunge or Death Metal pedal......
Different styles of distortion. Just don't use both at once. And why Digitech?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
if you want to have the option of having different tyipes of distortion, you can have as many as you like! the other guitar player in my band has a fuzz and metal zone, never uses the fuzz much anymore but thats just because it doesnt come into our sound
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
Well, technically, there is no need for any pedals...there are no rules, you do what you want. I myself have 2 dirt pedals and a boost on my board currently, and 3 dirt pedals off my board.
If you need the big gain of the Metal Master or Grunge, and the Hot Head can't satisfy the need, then get it. If you can achieve all your tones you need with the Hot Head, there is no need, unless you want to have one set at some setting and teh other at a different setting...

I was probably no help.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
If you want a Death Metal pedal. I'm selling one. There's a link in my sig.

It can get a lot more gain then the hot head thats for sure. It'd be good if you like heavier music.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Yes with an If, or No with a But.

Take your pick.
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
Quote by Cofflecakes
Yes with an If, or No with a But.

Take your pick.

Ha, I like that. :thumbsup:
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
I like the Digitech pedals I have, so I figure I will stick with awesome.

And why not use both at once? Wiould I damage the pedals or something?
Quote by -Wolverine-
I like the Digitech pedals I have, so I figure I will stick with awesome.

And why not use both at once? Wiould I damage the pedals or something?

Not damage them, but most likely your ears with a bloodcurdling scream of high pitched squealing foreshadowing impending doom.
Orr it will make loud spuealing noises.
Dang......... do you guys have a different distortion pedal on separate channels or something?
An itty bitty Ibanez is what I play on.

My dad has a large Peavy amp (with two channels, and switch) but its just so damned big/heavy and my room is so small and cluttered as it is I never use it. I should.

Tomorrow.
Multiple distortion pedals are good for multiple types of distortion.

Like I wouldn't want to have like three DS-1s or Big Muffs in my chain, but I might want one of each.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by -Wolverine-
Random question of the day, is there a need for two distortion pedals?

I have a Digitech HotHead and am thinking of buying a Digitech Grunge or Death Metal pedal......

Dude, a BOSS Super Overdrive (SD-1 or 2) are the best out there...the 1 only gives you Tone, Drive and LEvel but is really great at compressing sound and it gives you a Mesa/Boogie style punch. The 2 has way more features and has a more gritty 80's Megadeth tone.