So i've been looking up Guitar Fetish stuff and it just seems too good to be true...All that stuff for such a low price!
I was wondering how GFS pups stack up to, say Seymour Duncans.
Which has the better sound?
Which is the better value?
Also, is it worth it to order from them?
Last edited by hell_monkey at Feb 2, 2008,
From what I have heard they are amazing for the price and somewhat comperable to Duncans. THe duncans will be better but not worth 3 times the price. I plan on getting some of their humbuckers for a guitar I'm going to build in woodshop soon.
Well I've been looking at Duncan Alnico II pros and Custom 5's..Any GFS pickups you think i should take a peek at?
Genres would be classic rock, hard rock, blues rock
Hi! Here's a short clip with GFS Power Rails: http://printf.no/music/Space%20Time%20Matter%20War%20clip.mp3

That guitar is tuned to B standard. The Power Rails are Certified Mud Free (tm) by me

I also have GFS Fat Paf (with black nickel cover) in the neck position, which gives a very very nice tone for soloing. It sounds very much like a DiMarzio Air Norton. I won't buy DiMarzio nor SD ever again, that's for sure.

Here's a pic of the guitar: http://www.sportsfiske.nu/foto/arkiv/17932/44408.jpg
Put A Heart By Your Lp! >
http://www.swatcash.com/accounts
^ Free stuff. Register, do offers to get swat cash. Use the swat cash to buy real items. I put in a custom order when I completed enough offers and guess what showed up at my door a week later? A Epi Les Paul!
that's pretty awesome, good quality for that price. I didn't think it was possible.
Judging from the sound clip, these would definitely be better than my stock epiphone pups.
Thanks guys, looks like i'm gonna be modding my guitar sooner than i thought

Btw, ^+1
Nothing wrong with epis.
Quote by hell_monkey
that's pretty awesome, good quality for that price. I didn't think it was possible.
Judging from the sound clip, these would definitely be better than my stock epiphone pups.
Thanks guys, looks like i'm gonna be modding my guitar sooner than i thought

Sounds like a plan. I don't mean to spoil your fun, but what amp do you have? If it is not very good, you should save up for a new amp because new pups on a crappy beginners amp won't improve the sound.

Quote by BenUlin
Put A Heart By Your Lp! >

I would but I didn't get a very good one. Not bad for the $300 I paid but when I was younger I didn't know what to look for in a guitar. Now I have a strat and figured out I am more of a strat guy.
Last edited by acdcrocks0323 at Feb 2, 2008,
Vox Ad30vt..valvetronix series is pretty good, but i'm hoping on getting a tube amp soon...all the money i'm gonna save from GFS is gonna help with that
Quote by hell_monkey
Vox Ad30vt..valvetronix series is pretty good, but i'm hoping on getting a tube amp soon...all the money i'm gonna save from GFS is gonna help with that

Oh definatly. You might not appreciate the new pups right away but when you get your new amp you will tell a huge difference.
Quote by andrerav
I won't buy DiMarzio nor SD ever again, that's for sure.

that good eh??
i've been thinking of getting a crunchy rail...i wanted a duncan invader, but jesus christ, i could buy a whole guitar for what they cost to get here
Hey I was gonna order some GFS pups too. My parents ordered me an HH mother of pearl pickguard from GF instead of SSS lol It's a perfect fit so I'm dying to put in on my strat.

Since I'm in the market for a new tube amp anyways, which GFS pickup you think will suit 80's heavy metal?

Also http://store.guitarfetish.com/clse.html thoughts on these? $30 bucks a pair lol
Last edited by Steel8909 at Feb 3, 2008,
Well, for $30 bucks a pair, you could order more than one pair, mix and match for the sound you want, and just stash the rest or return them. I dunno really though, i'll have some more info once i actually get my pups (hopefully soon )

Quote by DeathDealer
that good eh??
i've been thinking of getting a crunchy rail...i wanted a duncan invader, but jesus christ, i could buy a whole guitar for what they cost to get here

If you want cheap guitars check out rondomusic.com
From what i hear, their Agile les paul copies are quite good
Last edited by hell_monkey at Feb 3, 2008,
ive been a bit iffy on their pickups after some of the reading ive done on them. i mean i dont know of anything better for the price, and ive heard they do sound good. unfortunatly ive also heard that the descriptions arent really accurate. so you might get a pickup that sounds good, just not exactly what you expected. however, i have ordered stuff from GFS before and the quality was fantastic. i know i will order stuff from them in the future.

how the GFS pickups stack up soundwise to seymour duncans, i dont know. but i would say that even if they dont sound quite as good, GFS pickups are a better value. however, if you are going for pickups for your main axe, i would spend a bit more and get something that you know is high quality and such.
while we're on the topic of guitar fetish, has anybody tried their floyd rose trems? the guy obviously raves about them in the description but can anybody vouch for that?
Quote by jof1029
unfortunatly ive also heard that the descriptions arent really accurate. so you might get a pickup that sounds good, just not exactly what you expected. however, i have ordered stuff from GFS before and the quality was fantastic. i know i will order stuff from them in the future.

The good thing about them... Is if it isn't what you had in mind, no questions asked returns. They are really good about returns.
Quote by Diamond Dave
while we're on the topic of guitar fetish, has anybody tried their floyd rose trems? the guy obviously raves about them in the description but can anybody vouch for that?

They're single locking apparently, he fails to mention that lol
Quote by Steel8909
They're single locking apparently, he fails to mention that lol

Correct. He comes off as a used car salesmen, saying they are "fast loaders" :eyeroll: If he wants to deceive you on that, why not his pickups? Seriously, you could buy Duncans, even gently used ones for maybe $25 more total for a set. And IMO the quality of the sound is much better, with a more defined EQ range. GFS are the same things they throw in Epis and what not.
Quote by CJRocker
Correct. He comes off as a used car salesmen, saying they are "fast loaders" :eyeroll: If he wants to deceive you on that, why not his pickups? Seriously, you could buy Duncans, even gently used ones for maybe $25 more total for a set. And IMO the quality of the sound is much better, with a more defined EQ range. GFS are the same things they throw in Epis and what not.

$25? i doubt that..Where could i find duncans for $25? that'd be insane.
Quote by hell_monkey
$25? i doubt that..Where could i find duncans for $25? that'd be insane.

He said $25 dollars MORE for a used set, which isn't that much money. I would still at least try some GFS and sendthem back if you aren't happy with them.