So I have a couple electric guitars and coincidently they are both Ibanez Artist's one vintage '83 deluxe model and a newer Ibanez Artist. I love the playability of both of them but neither guitar has a tremelo.

So I'm in search of a new guitar with a tremelo system. I thought I would dive into the wealth of knowlege here on the UG forums.

My musical influences are: Satriani, Vai, and Petrucci

Budget: $300 - $700

I'm looking for feedback from fellow guitarists on a good guitar with a tremelo system. I am leaning towards a 24 fret guitar and something that plays fast!
Ibanez RG550, S520, or S7320 if you want a 7-string.

EDIT: Whoops. Scratch those last two.

A RG1570 (unless you go used) will be more than $700, and you'll most likely need a pickup swap. Good guitar if you're willing to spring for that, though.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Last edited by DrNick at Feb 2, 2008,
any ibanez RG Prestige series guitar will have a good sleek neck, 24 frets, and a good trem.
I'd go for the 1570 though.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Go find a used RG. RG550 isn't the only good one it's just the one everyone likes to pick off of the top of their heads because they think all of the other ones are **** or something. As long as you don't get a LO-TRS, EdgePro2, or Edge 3 you will get a good trem. Try to get MIJ too.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Try the RG prestiges out, as suggested.

But if like me, you can't get on the the Wizard neck, check out some Jackson Pro Series Dinky guitars, like the DK2 or DK2M etc. MUCH more comfortable than an Ibanez IMO, and fantastic value. But it's all preference, so try them out.
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
Try to get MIJ too.

By this, did you mean...Made in Japan?
i thought it was tremolo.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
You won't find an Ibanez for that price with 24 frets AND a decent bridge. If you can deal with only having 22 frets, than the S520EX is an excellent guitar and I highly recommend you take a look at it. Otherwise, look into a Jackson DK2.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I'd check out an S series or a Jackson if I were you.
Chain:
Fingers -> Schecter Damien FR -> Fulltone OCD -> ABY Box -> Bugera V22 / Peavey 6505+
Well I know that the new BC Riches are incredibly cheap and have OFRs on them so they're worth a look in.
Then there's Ibanez. I'd go used personally, RG550, 570, etc, with an original Edge trem.
However the new ones are still good.

There's also the Washburn X40 pro, Schaller floyd rose, which is as good as OFR.
wow I love how all the Ibanez RG fan-boys come out of the woodwork whenever someone mentions they want a new guitar. All mention the RG series, but you know what I messed around with one last week in the music store and it felt really cheap. It 'looks' good but once you inspect them....
Besides he mentions he has a Ibanez Artist Series guitar, an RG is a completely on the other side of the scale. If his influences are Petrucci, satch and Vai and he's currently got an Artist and plays their songs on that then why not look into something like the OLP Petrucci model, or a PRS SE or something similar. Maybe even a Fender Standard Strat, or if you had more funds I'd recommend a Music Man but that would be $1000+
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
wow I love how all the Ibanez RG fan-boys come out of the woodwork whenever someone mentions they want a new guitar. All mention the RG series, but you know what I messed around with one last week in the music store and it felt really cheap. It 'looks' good but once you inspect them....
Besides he mentions he has a Ibanez Artist Series guitar, an RG is a completely on the other side of the scale. If his influences are Petrucci, satch and Vai and he's currently got an Artist and plays their songs on that then why not look into something like the OLP Petrucci model, or a PRS SE or something similar. Maybe even a Fender Standard Strat, or if you had more funds I'd recommend a Music Man but that would be $1000+

Right, I sure you tried an Ibanez RG with the Edge III trem, because the reason that the RGs are loved so much (and Ibanez in general) is because they actually put decent trems on guitars which are affordable, however the Edge III is terrible.

RGs are mentioned because they have good trems, look up to my post, I mentioned other 24 fret guitars with decent trems in that price range, if the fret number wasn't an issue the Ibanez S series would be there too.
Check out either the Jackson Dk2 or the Dk2M. They both have a nice trem, fast neck, and Seymour Duncan pickups. The Dk2 is an HSS configuration while the Dk2M is HH, it also has a maple fretboard.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Right, I sure you tried an Ibanez RG with the Edge III trem, because the reason that the RGs are loved so much (and Ibanez in general) is because they actually put decent trems on guitars which are affordable, however the Edge III is terrible.

RGs are mentioned because they have good trems, look up to my post, I mentioned other 24 fret guitars with decent trems in that price range, if the fret number wasn't an issue the Ibanez S series would be there too.

I'm not sure what model it was. All I remember is it was white and the price tag was somewhere around $700 or so. So it wasn't a lower end one.
Quote by DSOTM80
I'm not sure what model it was. All I remember is it was white and the price tag was somewhere around $700 or so. So it wasn't a lower end one.

Then someone had the pricetag of a 350DX a bit high cos the other prestiges seem to only be in dark colours unfortunately(except the new RG2550Z in white but you'd have mentioned the pickguard if it was one of them).

Ah the RGT, I see, well they do have the 1570 which isn't much dearer than that which is a nice subsitute, and if you think that's bad there are companies making much worse things. Washburns new "200" guitars which are made of agathis yet have EMG pickups in them, which are more than that price I'll tell you.
Oh no doubt there's worse deals out there for sure. I don't disagree with that, I zoom through Musicians Friend quite a lot to see what they got and I'm not impressed with much. I'll say one thing though. I had a chance to play a black 2008 American Strat with a maple neck in the store on Friday and I had to put it down pretty quick before my bank card swiped itself at the cash register. Felt very very nice, $1050cdn is an awesome price too
Quote by thedonutman
Yeah.

Its a vibrato bar/system I believe.

As tremolo is defined as the rapid alternation of two notes, or the rapid repetition of one note.

Double Locking tremolo is the accepted term for these floyd rose bridges.
However there are too many words to name these bridges.
Personal favourite: Wang bar.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Double Locking tremolo is the accepted term for these floyd rose bridges.
However there are too many words to name these bridges.
Personal favourite: Wang bar.

I prefer the term "Wiggle stick"

jimRH7, Mavericks play pretty nice but most of them have crappy licenced trems that don't stay in tune.
Quote by DSOTM80

yh most of my friends have RGs they do feel cheap. Ibanez make some great stuff though. Stay away from RGs.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix