If you don't know what Spore is, it's Will Wright's gift from god to us...

You create a micro-organism, grow to a water creature, evolve to a primitive animal, evolve smarter into a tride, then a community, then travel into the galaxy, then travel into the outer reaches of the universe!!!
watch some youtube vids...

But...:
Redwood City, CA - January 15, 2008 - At the Macworld Expo today, Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced that SPORE™ will be available for the Mac later this year. From Will Wright, creator of the mega-hit The Sims™ comes Spore, the only game that allows creative personalities to explore the depths of their own personal galaxy. A sneak peek of the game will be on display at the Macworld Expo in San Francisco, CA throughout this week. A PC version of the game will also be released later this year.

taken from http://www.spore.com/press_011508.php

Is anyone else as stocked as I am... This seems like a deffinate THIS year release (Which is great because last year they had pushed it back to '09)
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
I am so gonna get it. it looks awesome. plus its multiplayer
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Didn't they say the same about Chinese Democracy, like 10 years ago?

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to Spore.
will it be on xbox 360?
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Quote by Guitarman015
will it be on xbox 360?

I think it's PC/Mac only... I'lla look around the site

EDIT: According to the EA website, it's only for Mac and PC, sorry... Time to invest in a quad-core to run this baby, aye?
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Oh my god, I think it was real. Like a real creature.

...**** I need to get out of that biology mind-block.

To know another is to know a universe of others...
Sometimes a soul must wander to truly know it is home.

Andrew McMahon
I looked on youtube for it, and I don't really understand the point of the game. Could somebody please explain it to me?
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by Reject_666_6
I looked on youtube for it, and I don't really understand the point of the game. Could somebody please explain it to me?
To create a life form - to model evolution, as I understand it.

Really, what is the point of the Sims?
Quote by Flying Couch
When did they announce this? Like, 3 years ago?

I think the game was announced 3 years ago...
But if you read my post, it says that THAT was announced 11 days, soooz meh
Quote by Banjocal
This looks stupid as ****.

That one girl in the video was a complete dyke.
I am the Infantry.
Quote by nirvana001
This looks stupid as ****.

That one girl in the video was a complete dyke.

What?
And what makes it stupid?
Personaly, I think it'd be great just to have a GIGANTIC sandbox game... no real plot, no quests, nothing you HAVE to do... Just everything you WANT to do.
So it's not so much a game, as it is a simulator
Quote by Banjocal
Quote by Flying Couch
To create a life form - to model evolution, as I understand it.

Really, what is the point of the Sims?

I think I understand that part. It's afterwords when I was seeing a spaceship flying around a micro-planet, a spaceship running from lasers and a herd of identical creatures when I really got confused...
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
FFS finally! It's the only game I've been looking forward to since like freshman year.
Quote by Reject_666_6
I think I understand that part. It's afterwords when I was seeing a spaceship flying around a micro-planet, a spaceship running from lasers and a herd of identical creatures when I really got confused...

Oh oh oh, the UFO is on an alien planet...
Different aliens act differently, either economically, politically, or they like teh warz...
the one Will shows is a war colony... So they attack the UFO... Er, maybe i don't remember it right... I think they praise it at first, the will attacks, then they attack in defence
Quote by Banjocal
Quote by King Of Suede
Oh oh oh, the UFO is on an alien planet...
Different aliens act differently, either economically, politically, or they like teh warz...
the one Will shows is a war colony... So they attack the UFO... Er, maybe i don't remember it right... I think they praise it at first, the will attacks, then they attack in defence

So when is it being released, and does it have high system requirements?
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by Reject_666_6

So when is it being released, and does it have high system requirements?

This year, and thathasn't been released yet... I would suspect you'll need top notch to run it well, though =/
Quote by Banjocal
It's going to come out for the Wii, or so I've read.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
I remember my brother showing me this thing two or more years ago. I'm definately going to get this from what I saw.
Quote by Cynoxx
It's going to come out for the Wii, or so I've read.

DAMNIT!!!
now I need a Wii for this to go along with me needing an xbox 360 for mass effect
Quote by Banjocal
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
you think a new macbook could run this?

I would guess?
dunno a whole lot about mac's
And noone knows a whole lot about the game's specs either... I'm just guessing it's gonna be HUGE
Quote by Banjocal
if it doesn't run on my computer it'd better come out for a console so i can buy one to play the game. i'm ready to do what's necessary to play it, as long as it doesn't mean buying a new computer.
It doesn't seem like it would need high system requirements;
I would imagine a decent processor and a good amount of RAM would do.

As for graphics however,
it looks like all you would need is something that can handle shaders and a few lighting effects well.

But that is just an assumption I don't actually know a lot about things like this hahhaha.
Last edited by superunknown at Feb 3, 2008,
I've been wanting this since I heard of it, They are probably going to delay it again though.. just because
I wonder if it's going to use SLI properly? I know a lot of hardcore gamers are pissed that nothing really uses it
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by killedbyaspork
I am so gonna get it. it looks awesome. plus its multiplayer

+1
..is a girl
Quote by RPGoof
WAT
How about just send a ship at the speed up light directly to the sun, and the gravity will pull it towards the sun, thus speeding it over the speed of light.

Quote by the_random_hero
I wonder if it's going to use SLI properly? I know a lot of hardcore gamers are pissed that nothing really uses it

SLI and Crossfire are like the ultimate example of dimishing returns :\
..is a girl
Quote by RPGoof
WAT
How about just send a ship at the speed up light directly to the sun, and the gravity will pull it towards the sun, thus speeding it over the speed of light.