Page 1 of 3
Dane Cook's new comedy show is on Comedy Central right now.

He's absolutely terrible. He's never been a good comedian, but this is just horrible. I've been watching for an hour, hoping, praying for a laugh, but nothing.

It's truely sad.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
is it tourgasm? I'm not watching, or is it vicious circles?
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
contrary to what 98.8989867867453463747378468678777% of ug'ers think, i find him ****in hilarious
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Yeah, terrible.

My friends all love him, but I think he sucks more than anything. I had to sit through one of his DVDs once at a friend's house....I almost died of NOT laughing.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
he is hilarious, I don't see what people see so bad about him. I wasn't to fond of tourgasm, to much non comedy. though it did have its moments.
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
I don't find him very humorous, but that's just me.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
I think he's mad funny. Then again, other people's opinion's of comedians shouldn't really matter to anyone (besides the comedian) because what one person finds funny, doesn't mean someone else will.
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
hes funny and i am not even white
Ibanez RG120 (EMG 81s)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
Epiphone Tony Iommi Signature G-400
Diezel Herbert w/ Mesa Boogie 4x12 Cab
Boss ME-50
DOD FX40B Equalizer
Boss MT-2
Boss DD-3
Boss BF-3
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR M-133
It's Viscous Circles. He just seems to not have any jokes! It's just him talking, there's nothing relatively joke-like there.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
hahahaa, I'm watching it right now!

It's awesome!
Set Up

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Fender Acoustic 12 String
Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
He is a good actor, but his stand up is overrated
It's a fake wheel, dummy!
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Don't download music or you'll go to prison and get anally raped.
could someone who finds dane cook unfunny, please explain why you think this?
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
/\lol, im not even white, hes pretty funny, but gets old, his early stuff was fnnier, and i found that guy with the long black hair who did the drawings on comedy central presents HILARIOUS
Dane Cook's "Harmful if Swallowed" and "Retaliation" CDs, IMO, are good albums. I like most of his presentation, and he has some truly funny bits.

But "Vicious Circle" was not funny, IMO. Ever since "Retaliation" he has gone downhill.

He really needs to step it back up, and try and make better material again.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Mitch Hedberg = funniest person on planet earth
It's a fake wheel, dummy!
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Don't download music or you'll go to prison and get anally raped.
Quote by killedbyaspork
could someone who finds dane cook unfunny, please explain why you think this?

I'm sitting here watching him, and nothing he's saying is even making me smile. I've had the same expression throughout.

I hope it gets better before the end.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
i thought dane cook was funny the first time i saw his stand up. but after like the 2nd time viewing i just got sick of his type of comedy. there isnt actually much comedy, he relies way too much on physical movement and yelling and such.
Quote by slidething31
i thought dane cook was funny the first time i saw his stand up. but after like the 2nd time viewing i just got sick of his type of comedy. there isnt actually much comedy, he relies way too much on physical movement and yelling and such.

I think the physical movement is what makes it more entertaining, I mean I like guys like mitch hedburg and stephen wright who just stand around, they are hilarious to. But I think that the movement brings more entertainment to the comedy
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Quote by jameswilkerson
He is a good actor, but his stand up is overrated

I find him to be a really, really bad actor.

And to broaden everyone's comedic horizons: George Carlin, Steven Wright, Richard Jeni, Emo Philips, Dave Chappelle is still funny (despite the fact that he doesn't have a show anymore)

Why don't I find Dane Cook funny?

He's not witty enough. He just bombards you with crappy observational humour, which is only mildly entertaining if your actually watching him (as opposed to listening to an album.) Plus, he's stolen jokes. Which is just not nice.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Last edited by Doodleface at Feb 2, 2008,
He has his moments but I look down on his overall comedy. I recommend George Carlin and I DEFINITELY recommend some Bill Hicks God rest his soul

*Edit*
As a matter of fact, here is a clip of his take on drugs and music.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J10w3FuCwfQ&feature=related

As well as the positive drug experiences that no one seems to talk about

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vX1CvW38cHA&feature=related
--
--
I'm Always Thinking...

--
--
Last edited by Hexagram at Feb 2, 2008,
I'm watching the same thing now. An hour and a half and I only remember laughing once. This guy cannot hold a candle to Mitch Hedberg.
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"
Quote by Doodleface
I find him to be a really, really bad actor.

And to broaden everyone's comedic horizons: George Carlin, Steven Wright, Richard Jeni, Emo Philips, Dave Chappelle is still funny (despite the fact that he doesn't have a show anymore)

Why don't I find Dane Cook funny?

He's not witty enough. He just bombards you with crappy observational humour, which is only mildly entertaining if your actually watching him (as opposed to listening to an album.) Plus, he's stolen jokes. Which is just not nice.

I think that a lot of his non observation is really damn funny. like if u watch his most recent one (can't remember the name, it was after Vicious circles) he talks about being a flute player in the civil war. thats some funny ****. and most comedy is observational humor, or it comes from observations.
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
I watched like 10 minutes of his stand-up, and I probably only chuckled once
I really really don't get all the hype about him, nor do I get why he's now turning intimate comedy stand-up's into sports arenas and 30,000+ stadiums
All my friends like him, while I try to suggest them the comedian stylings of George Carlin

However, I saw him in 'Mr. Brooks' and I think he's a pretty damn good actor
why don't I like dane cook? mostly because I like comedians to make me laugh.

I don't hate him, but the market has been saturated with him so badly that it makes me sick to see his face, not to mention that he's always contorting it in some awful way to try to make his terrible jokes seem funny. He's like a catchy song that gets played 20 times an hour on the radio.

Dane Cook < Mitch Hedburg (RIP), Demetri Martin, Daniel Tosh, Patton Oswalt, Brian Reagan Eddie Izzard, Steven Lynch, Dave Chappelle, and of course Carlin (=god)

I loved Dane when I first saw his Comedy Central Presents, I laughed so hard and he still makes me laugh today, but I think he just gets too much credit.

But on his behalf, he has amazing energy which does make him at least mildly entertaining. And at least he's not as bad as Carlos Mencia (another comic who went downhill after starting sooo strong; remember Mencia's 30 minute special on HBO? Classic.)

yeah, but Mitch Hedburg is amazing
mitch hedburg is amazing, but he doesn't make me laugh as hard as Dane, and I agree he gets a lot of media, but I usually ignore the media, and I like a lot of his stuff that he had been doing for awhile before his comedy central presents. Like the speak and spell bit, and his ball joke. hes been doing those for a long time, yet they are some of his better known jokes
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Quote by PlayMadness
It's Viscous Circles. He just seems to not have any jokes! It's just him talking, there's nothing relatively joke-like there.

I hated the HBO version with a passion, but got it as a Christmas present. My friend wanted to watch it so I put it in and found out there is an "Dane-gerous edition" basically extended. The extended bit were mindblowingly funny. I loved them so much. I've watched that DVD over and over now. He goes on random tangents about nothing... and they are just great observations. But the extra stuff is so raw and honestly more intense than the HBO version its a lot better.

Tosh is legendary just as a sidenote. His DVD is golden.

"You know who liked to get fisted?"

"Sock Puppets."
Last edited by ZanasCross at Feb 2, 2008,
His first CD was hilarious, but after that he just started telling long ass stories that aren't funny at all.
the only funny joke was the one about the hologram of him watching t.v.

the rest was just painful to watch.
I love that bit at the start
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
I'm glad someone brought up Brian Reagan above.

Dane Cook is basically a more physically active Brian Reagan.

Cook's delivery, joke types, and humor is exactly like Brian Reagan, he's just more hyper about it, and slightly is more "obscene".

Cook's not one of my top favorite comedians, but I enjoy his old material, as I said before. I could name off countless others that I would listen to, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy some of his work.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by jameswilkerson

Mitch Hedberg OR George Carlin OR Sam Kinison
Quote by Crazy
for those who don't like dane, this is a bit of his older stuff you migt like it more than his current stuff (which i still find funny)

imo, its his best gig overall http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31ZnL9FFp08

i watched this in hopes of seeing why some people like him cause i heard he was funnier in the older days but this was worse than his current ****.
Quote by highway62
i watched this in hopes of seeing why some people like him cause i heard he was funnier in the older days but this was worse than his current ****.

i just remembered the beginning parts of it, the 2nd half isn't as funny, but oh well i'm not going to defend Dane cook, because everyone has the right to hate or enjoy his stuff
Quote by jameswilkerson

mitch hedberg WAS the funniest person on planet earth. he's now turning in his grave thanks to "comedians" like dane cook.
Dane Cook is a terrible comedian. He overuses profanity in pathetic attempts to be entertaining, but he just ends up embarrasing himself and looking like a childish asshole. Truly it is painful to watch or even listen to his lame-ass routines. He's an even worse actor. The guy should just quit show biz because, quite frankly he's a disgrace to real comedians.
G - L - O - R - I - A is love.... my friend.
Page 1 of 3