OK, so the other day my friend told me that her mom added her to facebook, and im all like, i remember when it was all for young people usually post-secondary to like tops 26 and then all of a sudden it exploded into 12 year old *****s and that creepy 60 year old down the street....where did it go all wrong?
Her mother probably added her so that she could watch what she was doing on Facebook.

You know, nood pix.
Facebook is a social networking website. Alumni and members of cities can join.

Usually its just like people active with events their kids are in, such as teachers and youth ministers. Sometimes there are parents too, I don't think its a big deal. Facebook isn't exclusive and its not the myspace-esque website where it brings the worst in people out.
Quote by psychot1c
I thought facebook was a college thing

Some Myspacers thought they were "above" Myspace suddenly and now they're taking over Facebook.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Well the internet in general is more suitable for adults than little kiddies who've barely had a wank before.
Facebook is the new myspace... and I hate myspace... I never use my facebook anymore, way to many application invites and such. I do prefer it to myspace though, you're more active with your friends on there as opposed to myspace where u just post bulletins.
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Quote by Sabu
Well the internet in general is more suitable for adults than little kiddies who've barely had a wank before.

Well it's also not safe for old people.

Goatse ---> heart attack
this is why i recently "de-activated" my facebook because I could not find a means to actually delete it. When it was solely for college students, yea, it was a good tool to keep intact with other students/teachers. Now it is a cesspool of post Myspace users trying to find the next "big internet community."
--
--
I'm Always Thinking...

--
--
Quote by Hexagram
this is why i recently "de-activated" my facebook because I could not find a means to actually delete it. When it was solely for college students, yea, it was a good tool to keep intact with other students/teachers. Now it is a cesspool of post Myspace users trying to find the next "big internet community."

If you want to get rid of it you can send a message to Facebook and they will do it for you.

EDIT: As for the topic at hand, I think it comes down to nosey parents, sexual deviants and older people who think they can un-wrinkle their skin by doing things that younger people do.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Last edited by terrencemaddox at Feb 3, 2008,
Quote by terrencemaddox
If you want to get rid of it you can send a message to Facebook and they will do it for you.

EDIT: As for the topic at hand, I think it comes down to nosey parents, sexual deviants and older people who think they can un-wrinkle their skin by doing things that younger people do.

I heard that they tell you to delete all your wall posts, photos, apps etc. before they can delete it.
They want to make it uncool so their kids stop wasting time on blogs.
MY GEAR
Bella
Ibanez Gio
Cube-20X
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Adz2706
the worst ive seen is a guy kick this other guy in the head repeatedly and had to be taken to hospital in a helicopter

Who the hell would build a Hospital inside of a Helicopter?
Quote by R0CKER1220
I heard that they tell you to delete all your wall posts, photos, apps etc. before they can delete it.

I wouldn't doubt it. I was told that they could delete it it for me by some rep. from facebook, but I wouldn't be surprised if they made you do that before they actually deleted it. I have dealt with those bastards on more than a few occasions, and it's pretty irritating.

On the other hand, I have been told by Facebook about 5 times now that if I got one more report from another user, that I would be banned...it never happens. Their laziness can be helpful
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by terrencemaddox

oh, well thank you for this information. I can finally rid myself of this disease know as Facebookitis
--
--
I'm Always Thinking...

--
--
The same reason teenagers do? It's a social network?
Quote by PinkIsCool
Yes, but it's a FACT that most metal artists have more musicainship and technical skill than pretty much all rappers.
A lot more people (like older people) use facebook because it's waaaaaaaaaayyyyy less juvenile then myspace. At least it used to be before all these ridiculous applications came into play.