My bass has a loose jack and no matter how much it gets tighten it still gets loose.
I had a ol' black guitar once with the same problem and it ended up disconnecting the wires inside making it useless and i dont want to hvae to do it again. Any tips on making it stay tight?
You stole my Overture
teflon tape
[img]http://www.fan2band.com/DynamicImages/97465_906_49_1997.gif[/img]
You put a lock washer on the inside of it.
Also, you can reconnect the wires on your guitar.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
You put a lock washer on the inside of it.
Also, you can reconnect the wires on your guitar.

This guitar doesnt have easy acces to the inside. besides i dont have the money to get a bass fixed just because the idiot store that i bought it from cant take care of their stuff. all their basses were scratched cuz they wear zippers while they play and the jack came off the day i bought it
You stole my Overture
If it came of the same day as you bought it just bring it back to the store.
Most stores are happy to fix small stuff like that just to keep their customers.
Yeah, or you could take the nut off, wrap some teflon tape around the jack and screw it back on really tight with a wrench.
Or if you have no teflon tape you could just tighten it really REALLY tight.
[img]http://www.fan2band.com/DynamicImages/97465_906_49_1997.gif[/img]
teflon tape is youre best bet. just do not cross thread the nut when youre putting it back on. then you'll be in some serious trouble.
If the store you bought it from won't help you fix something that broke from their negligence the day you bought it, then you should NOT be going to that store.

If you can't put teflon tape on it, or get inside to make sure everything is tight, take it to a different shop, and have them take a look at it.
Quote by Zar938
If the store you bought it from won't help you fix something that broke from their negligence the day you bought it, then you should NOT be going to that store.

If you can't put teflon tape on it, or get inside to make sure everything is tight, take it to a different shop, and have them take a look at it.

this is a good idea to. and jacks themselves arent really expensive as long as you have the standard jack style. i think i payed 10 bucks for the last one i mucked up
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I personally wouldn't put superglue anywhere near my bass.

loctite isn't superglue.

@TS: make sure you are using proper tools when you are tightening the nut. If you're using pliers, then you are no better than that joke music shop. Borrow your dad's crescent wrench, or go our to walmart and buy their $2 ones. You may have to take your bass apart so you can hold onto the back of the jack while tightening it.
Quote by terb
loctite isn't superglue.

@TS: make sure you are using proper tools when you are tightening the nut. If you're using pliers, then you are no better than that joke music shop. Borrow your dad's crescent wrench, or go our to walmart and buy their $2 ones. You may have to take your bass apart so you can hold onto the back of the jack while tightening it.

Yea i took ur advice.
If it falls apart or break im gonna raise some **** with these ppl.
Im never gonna buy fromt there again. all they make is lookalike guitars and basses. There even proud of it
You stole my Overture