i've been thinking of swapping out the neck on my 7-string because its not comfortable to play. so my question is how hard is it to replace it . is it as simple as unbolting it and bolting the new one on. and if anybody knows, does schecter still sell parts seperately so that i may buy one of their necks because ive grown fond of them.
Quote by shaggydogJV
i've been thinking of swapping out the neck on my 7-string because its not comfortable to play. so my question is how hard is it to replace it . is it as simple as unbolting it and bolting the new one on. and if anybody knows, does schecter still sell parts seperately so that i may buy one of their necks because ive grown fond of them.

swapping necks can be a nightmare...the neck joint needs to be very very similar other wise you get into re routing if the old neck joints permits...one option is to get the existing neck re-shaped to what you like..this all depends on things like original neck thickness etc.....do more research....... if you neck is to thick then it can be planed down to a thinner profile, but if it's to thin thing you will need a new neck.................