I'm saving for a new guitar and I can't really decide between a Mexican standard strat or a Jackson dinky of some sorts.

I already have a Jackson RR3 and I really want some single coils but I'm not too sure about only having 21 frets on a strat compared to 22 - 24 for a dinky.

I enjoy playing some metal like metallica, as well as a lot of older rock/metal. (Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Van Halen, etc.)

Another question: Are the Mexican strats worth it? I would probably have to order it from the local music store because they only have a few sunbursts and some red ones. I want a black or white one, which they don't have.

I have a Kustom 65DFX (12" Celestion, 65 watts) for an amp. I don't really like the distortion or effects on it, but the clean channel sounds great and its all I really use.

Thanks for any help
strat
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
In gr.8 we got into purple nurples so much that the school would suspend anyone they saw doing it. We had really good aim.
I would consider getting a new amp. You can get a pretty decent tube amp for that money.
get a fat strat with 22 frets
adrian smith and the other guy from iron maiden use em
Used Charvel Model 1, 2, or 3 should fit the bill nicely if you like Jacksons but want a Strat
get a jackson if your playing metal
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
I am not really concerned about an amp because I will probably be getting a job soon and will be able to buy a very nice one over the summer.
For what you play, I'd go with the Jackson over the Fender.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
you already have a Jackson so id go with a HSS strat. a Jackson DK2 HSS would also be a good choice tho.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)