Yo, I've had an ESP LTD Truckster for like, 3 years now. . . and have allways loved it be recently ive decided to change the tuning from c standard to e flat. I set it up and everything (truss rod, intonation, etc) and since it just wont play right. I figured out that the string tension is just too stiff, like it wont get chunky like i like (i play metal). It currently has D' Addario 9-46 strings. Can anybody help?

ps, one person advised that i put the strings in the stop bar backwards and wrap them around under it, saying that James Hetfield does that to make it slinkier. Before i did this nonsense i wanted a little verifaction. . .
That's called a tailpiece wrap. You screw the tailpiece down to the body of the guitar all the way and then wrap the string around it so your action is lower and you get a kind of looser string tension effect.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Last edited by Dog454 at Feb 3, 2008,
well, thats exactly what i want, thank you, and im gonna start doing that on all my higher tuned guitars!!!!
hey sestem, i was wondering on your truckster, does your top toggle do anything?

i heard the esp switches between active and inactive, does urs do that? thx
Quote by Dog454
That's called a tailpiece wrap. You screw the tailpiece down to the body of the guitar all the way and then wrap that so your action is lower and you get a kind looser string tension effect.

No, you can't get lower action that way. In fact, sometimes you'll need to raise it, depending on the setup, because it sometimes makes it impossible to bend without yanking the string out of the saddle groove.