Possible, but very expensive and a bad decision.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
I'm buying the Godin Exit 22 leftie, maple neck/maple fretboard. Although I like the finish, is there any way a luthier could strip the guitar's finish and repaint/refinish it? Or would this wreck the guitar completely?

http://www.godinguitars.com/godinexit22p.htm

pics/specs here ^ if that helps
Maybe you shouldn't buy it, just yet!

Contact Godin. They're a small enough company that you can probably get one made with the finish YOU want for a price less than buying that one and having it refinished.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Maybe you shouldn't buy it, just yet!

Contact Godin. They're a small enough company that you can probably get one made with the finish YOU want for a price less than buying that one and having it refinished.

exactly, redoing the finish would be costly or time consuming or both depending on if you did it yourself or paid someone to
Do you think they can actually make me a custom guitar? I'm ordering it through Long & McQuade...and I really think that when a company makes a guitar, they have a set number of finishes. I really don't think they'd make me an Exit 22 in anything but a Natural Mahogany finish.
From the godin FAQ:
Can I buy your guitars directly from you?
No our guitars are only available from authorized dealers. Please see the web site for a list of dealers nearest you.

So considering they don't even sell stock guitars direct, chances are you won't be able to get a custom one (even if it's just a custom finish). There's no harm in e-mailing them just to be sure, though...
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Do you think they can actually make me a custom guitar? I'm ordering it through Long & McQuade...and I really think that when a company makes a guitar, they have a set number of finishes. I really don't think they'd make me an Exit 22 in anything but a Natural Mahogany finish.
It doesn't matter what anyone thinks. What matters is whether or not they will. The only way to know is to contact them. info@godinguitars.com
Quote by james4
From the godin FAQ:
Can I buy your guitars directly from you?
No our guitars are only available from authorized dealers. Please see the web site for a list of dealers nearest you.

So considering they don't even sell stock guitars direct, chances are you won't be able to get a custom one (even if it's just a custom finish). There's no harm in e-mailing them just to be sure, though...
The last line is the most important, here.

You can't buy any Paul Reed Smith guitar direct. but, you can special order custom guitars. They call them private stock. Maybe Godin has a similar mechanism.

You don't have to accept no, for an answer. You have the money, they want to sell you the goods. If they aren't willing to work with you, do you really want to do business with them?

A little story:
I have an acquaintance that bought a new PRS. It wasn't even custom. He wanted to put a heavier set of strings on it, with a wound G, but the intonation would be messed up with the wound G. The bridge on a PRS has pre-intonated, but fixed saddles. That means you can't individually adjust each string. He called PRS to suggest that they make it an option to have a LEO Quan bridge. He was polite, but firm. Very soon, they connected him directly to Paul himself. After a short discussion, Paul informed him that it was his opinion that the fixed bridge has better tone and sustain than adjustable saddles. (true) But if Chris wanted a Quan, he could have one in addition to his fixed bridge. Three days later, a package arrived. No charge.

The moral of the story:
Most small companies will do what it takes to get the customer what he needs.
If that one doesn't, find one that will.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.