how fast can you realy go with 2 fingers .... with 3? or a pick. i'm not saying you as in you but you as in genreal which should or would be faster
to the maximum of ability of each? I'd say three because thats more things striking the strings in a series of movements. But it really depends on how good you are. You could play with three fingers and not practice and be slower than someone who plays with one and practices constantly. Well this is all in theory and is simply my humble opinion.
What do you mean exactly? By only playing with 2 fingers or by tapping with 2 fingers? Sorry, but the question doesn't make alot of sense. If you want to know how fast you can go by tapping, then check out Through The Fire And The Flames by Dragonforce. Herman Li is probably one fo the fastest tappers out there, but unfortunately, that's all he's good at.
SoCalDirtDragon
Quote by SoCalDirtDragon
What do you mean exactly? By only playing with 2 fingers or by tapping with 2 fingers? Sorry, but the question doesn't make alot of sense. If you want to know how fast you can go by tapping, then check out Through The Fire And The Flames by Dragonforce. Herman Li is probably one fo the fastest tappers out there, but unfortunately, that's all he's good at.

Plucking on the bass with 2 or 3 fingers or a pick.
well if you are playing on one string and going: 1 2 3 2 1 2 3 2 1.... you are using your second finger at the same rate you would be if you were using only two fingers. Of course you can go faster if you're playing more than one string as hopefully will be the case most of the time, or if you do the: 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3... thing. A lot of people play the first way because they initially train it to get finger controll and consistancy down, but I don't see how it really makes you much faster than two fingers.
Quote by FullMetalBass
Plucking on the bass with 2 or 3 fingers or a pick.

ohhh, my bad. sorry, im a guitarist so i automatically took it as a guitar. my bad.
SoCalDirtDragon
with a pick? im insanely fast
with two fingers? im probably average
with three? i cant even keep an even flow of plucks... im working on it
[img]http://www.fan2band.com/DynamicImages/97465_906_49_1997.gif[/img]
i mean to the maximum of all of them because i can play realy fast with 2 i think i've used up all the speed i can with 2 so idk whats worth it go with 3 a pick or keep going with 2 and try to get faster hoping it work.
Quote by 3380180
i mean to the maximum of all of them because i can play realy fast with 2 i think i've used up all the speed i can with 2 so idk whats worth it go with 3 a pick or keep going with 2 and try to get faster hoping it work.

It entirely depends on the person. Some can play faster with 2, some 3, some 4, some pick, some tap, some slap. there is no one way that will always be faster, it depends on how much a specific person hs practiced a specific technique

/thread

also, this will undoubtedly become a pick v. finger thread within the next page or so.
the biggest benefit of each is:

a pick allows more of a trem picking style. but can easly be mastered with one finger if you ever watched cliff burton do it.

2 fingers can give of either a smooth or a slappy sound. depending on what style you play in.

3 are better on gallops. you can hit pretty high speed when you get the whole 3-2-1-3-2-1 style down.
Quote by KevnTone
with a pick? im insanely fast
with two fingers? im quite fast(main riff of YYZ fast)
with three? i cant even keep an even flow of plucks... im working on it

Fixed for me, cos I'm lazy
I have another thing to ask can any one tell me which method works with each genre at least the bg ones core, funk, jazz , metal , rock. Any method with any genre thnx for this. If u end up doing it