Its a junior talent show, but some seniors also participate. theres no winner, really, its just a fund raiser for the class (cheaper prom tickets and cheaper senior trip next year).

lineup/issues

but I had some lineup issues, and had to jump through hoops just to get people together, and the show is at the end of this month, so I hardly have the time I wanted to prepare something that shows off all our abilities...

right now, I have myself (lead/rhythm guitar) and a bassist/vocalist. I also *might* have a drummer, but idk about that just yet. I'm trying my best to find a drummer, but its drawing down to the last minutes here and I may have to deal without...

the songs

anyway, seeing as I might not have time to finish writing the song Im working on, I'm thinking about covering Colors by Crossfade and This is how you remind me by nickelback.

I learned both of them perfectly really fast (really simple songs...), but even though their simple they're good, popular songs, that will probably be a big hit with the audience.

If time allows I may still write my own song. If I do, it's going to be more of a thrash metal or hard rock style piece than alternative. I picked those two songs simply because they sound good and we could learn them quickly with no trouble, not because we can't handle anything tougher lol...
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Last edited by spiroth10 at Feb 3, 2008,
I've never heard the crossfade song
but nickelback will be a hit fersure!
you definately need a crowd pleaser. at my sophmore talent show we played harvester of sorrow by metallica. you could hear the damn crickets
Only Chuck Norris can prevent forest fires!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8sLlEZr9JE thats the crossfade song...

my bassist really likes them, and I think they sound good too. I had like 3 people I know say they loved this song too, so I'm pretty sure it will strike very well with the audience...

Quote by SOADMet8
you definately need a crowd pleaser. at my sophmore talent show we played harvester of sorrow by metallica. you could hear the damn crickets

that sucks, tbh if it was up to me, I'd go up there shredding, I love fast, harsh metal and shred (pantera, metallica, MAB, yngwie, Ozzy/randy rhoads, etc.), but that won't hit well with most people these days, not to mention I couldnt find anyone willing to play those styles otehr than me lol...

so yeah, I guess ik how you feel.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Last edited by spiroth10 at Feb 3, 2008,
well i would say go for it. it's just finding a balance of what you enjoy playing and what the crowd will get into
Only Chuck Norris can prevent forest fires!