hey guys..just out of curiousity here..

fender is mainly for clean,blues and stuff like that right? and a lot of other brand's guitar are for metal/rock,like ibanez?

but what kind of sound are epip and gib les pauls made for? arent those pickups humbuckers? or are they special ones? or are they just covered?
They make different sounds depending on where you place your fingers on the fretboard. Unless you have EMGs then you just sound like ****.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
fenders are mainly used for rock too, ppl often just label guitars by how they see them used, if you have the skills, you can play anything on almost anything

that being said, you do get better tones taht are associated with a certain genre out of certain guitars

im sure more posts will contribute and clarify
fender/gibson.. more classic rock ish imo

ibanez/jackson/dean/ESP.. more metal

Semihollows.. more for jazz/blues and acoustic stuff

Musicman guitars.. rip offs

ALTHOUGH.. there are always exceptions
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92

You're dumb.

I've seen metal band's use Telecasters and hollowbodies and people play blues on ESP's and Ibanezes.

Musicman guitars are not rip offs, that's how I know you are really retarded.
but,i'm sure an ibanez won't go easy on clean,will it? not as if i'm actually planning on using it for blues...it'll just look wierd,not sound wierd...
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
They make different sounds depending on where you place your fingers on the fretboard. Unless you have EMGs then you just sound like ****.

ah you're the retarded one saying EMG's sound like ****. this guy thinks pickups makes that much a difference to sound.
Quote by jimzer
ah you're the retarded one saying EMG's sound like ****. this guy thinks pickups makes that much a difference to sound.

GO PLAY YOUR TRUCKSTER AND SHUT UP.

Quote by NoobOnZone
but,i'm sure an ibanez won't go easy on clean,will it? not as if i'm actually planning on using it for blues...it'll just look wierd,not sound wierd...

Who gives a **** how you look it's not a fashion contest. It will be as clean as your amp is. "Metal" guitars don't put off a natural distortion. My Ibanez has one of the best clean sounds I've heard... I love it.
hm..but i always see people playing metal on fenders and not blues on ibanez..whys that so? even tho both guitars can handle it?
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
GO PLAY YOUR TRUCKSTER AND SHUT UP.

LOL maybe i will? i enjoy it. lol u think dragonforce is the hardest metal, arent you the loser. go play your ****ty ibanez with its ****ty trem. fag.
My Ibanez has a mahogany body and it is exactly 2 inches thick.
Quote by jimzer
LOL maybe i will? i enjoy it. lol u think dragonforce is the hardest metal, arent you the loser. go play your ****ty ibanez with its ****ty trem. fag.

Fail.
Quote by jimzer

I do like Dragonforce but my comment is a slight joke.

Also the Ibanez edge is a much better trem than the OFR and I can go into detail if you like.
lol,dudes,chill

anyways,i really don't know which is better for me? i used to have a crave for a Fender fat strat standard with HSS and now i want an ibanez s470 with HSH. But,i really don't think i'd be playing much metal and cranking the whammy bar much.

GAh,its just stupid moments..i've never been stable on what to choose...also because of the fact that i've been waiting bloody long to get a guitar...so i have a lot of time to dissagree with my own choice...

what do you people think? i'd probably be playing funk rock? punk rock? at most hard rock...
Last edited by NoobOnZone at Feb 3, 2008,
just go out and try them out, when u play the one that ur destined to, youll no
I would go play them and pick the one you like better. Either will be good for music you want to play and the trem on the S is top notch so don't be worried about that.
Quote by mRgRiM
Fail.

FAIL

Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
I do like Dragonforce but my comment is a slight joke.

Also the Ibanez edge is a much better trem than the OFR and I can go into detail if you like.

ibanez edge is a crappy trem id rather have a bloody tuno' then a bloody edge

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by KISSguitarist
ibanez edge is a crappy trem id rather have a bloody tuno' then a bloody edge

Never played one? Or just a fanboy...?
i feel bad now. im sorry ibanez edge. i hope us tunomatics and edges can be friends
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
Never played one? Or just a fanboy...?

no i have played one it might have just been crap or not set up properly either way i thought it was crap so i better try a good set up one

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Christ. Lot of retardation going on in this thread.

Any guitar can be used for anything. 'It's not what you've got, it's how you use it that counts'.
Yes, tradtionally, Fenders are more for blues, archtops are more for jazz, Les Pauls are for straight rock and super-Strats (ESP, Ibanez, etc) are more for metal.
But there's absolutely nothing actually stopping you though from playing blues on a Les Paul, metal on a Fender Strat (in fact, that's what metal first started on), or using super-Strats for jazz even.
Well, youre generalizing by brand here.

Fender make more than just the strat and tele, which you know, with modifications you could use them for screaming death metal anyway. It's the rest of your set up that counts tbh. Yngwie uses a strat for neoclassical er crap, and Maiden have HSS strats. John 5 used his tele back when he was with Manson.

There's the showmaster, which makes a ducking awesome shredding/metal guitar.

Ibanez make more than just the RG and JEMs, theres the entire Artcore hollow body range, then the S and the SA which make awesome guitar for blues playing still.

I'm not going to make any comments on gibby, because i'm not a fan, but i'm sure you could churn up anything you wanted out of the LP.
Quote by beckyjc
Yngwie uses a strat for neoclassical er crap

-.-

ps. this thread is full of woe.
Quote by NoobOnZone
yeah...but its just that you don't see many people playing RHCP with an ibanez

Doesn't mean you can't do that. Your amp matters a whole lot more than your guitar.
I bet you could get a great death metal tone if you plugged a standard Strat into a Framus Cobra or something.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92

i've seen the guitarist from poison the well (hardcore band) use a telecaster for his whole set...
and i've seen dallas from alexisonfire use a semihollow for almost a full hour and half set as well...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com