Right now Im playing rhythm guitar in a band with some good friends and we have 2 guitars a good drummer and a great singer. Where we live though, there is only a handful of bassists and they either dont want to be in a band or dont want to play our music. We have a couple friends who play guitar who are better than me and our lead guitarist asked me if I would want to switch to bass.
I want to be a good guitarist, but I dont want to hold our band back. I'd have about $300-400 to spend if I did switch, but I dont know if I should just switch or if we should hold out for a bassist?
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Do it only if you know you will have complete devotion for the bass and make gnarly bass licks like Geezer Butler. Otherwise, don't.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
yeah man i was in a similar situation. Only switch over to bass if you feel truly passionate about wanting to play it. Not because your being pushed too
RAW ROCK KILLS!- ShowBread
Hello, My name is Armando and im your bunny
If I do switch to bass, I will be devoting myself to it. I will be pushing myself to learn fingerpicking, slap, and anything else. My friend knows this and thats part of why he asked me.

also, the guitarists we had in mind both also play bass, so we thought about having a song or 2 were we switch and I would play rhythm and he would play bass.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by Ktool The Girth
Right now Im playing rhythm guitar in a band with some good friends and we have 2 guitars a good drummer and a great singer. Where we live though, there is only a handful of bassists and they either dont want to be in a band or dont want to play our music. We have a couple friends who play guitar who are better than me and our lead guitarist asked me if I would want to switch to bass.
I want to be a good guitarist, but I dont want to hold our band back. I'd have about $300-400 to spend if I did switch, but I dont know if I should just switch or if we should hold out for a bassist?

.....WUT?

Damn, unless they're all Victor Wooten/Les Claypool, I have no idea why they wouldn't want to be in a band. But even then, you could still learn something from being in a band.
Quote by Wratheh
.....WUT?

Damn, unless they're all Victor Wooten/Les Claypool, I have no idea why they wouldn't want to be in a band. But even then, you could still learn something from being in a band.

1 doesnt want to be in a band, thats all he really said about it. the other has a strong dislike of hard rock.
Quote by Yakult

Quote by DubStar92