HELLO FRIENDS

i was thinking about buying the keeley TS9DX FLEXI-4X2 tubescreamer and was wondering what peoples opinions were on it and if they have had any experince with the pedal

thanks
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

Last edited by angusslashdime at Feb 3, 2008,
come on this forum is usually a slut for opinions
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

anyone?

at all ? please some one say somthing fark !!!

no experience with that particular pedal/mod, but i do have a keeley modded ts-9 (mod plus) and i really like it. just has that something extra that a stock ts doesnt have. ive heard that some of his stuff isnt worth it, especially if it costs a lot more than the pedal itself does. im sure it sounds good, so you just have to decide if its worth the money.
I don't really know anything about this pedal in particular but in general Keely makes his pedals true bypass, maybe adds more gain, a different drive flavor, or more similar to the original tubescreamers.

Overdrives are fairly simple and you can buy the chips and stuff to make them much better than they are stock (especially the new Ibanez TS9 and TS808 reissues). Personally I went with a Maxon OD9. Maxon built the original Ibanez tubescreamers, and they now build theirs true bypass, and use extremely similar parts to the 80's ibanez tubescreamers
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
yeah i would take a maxon anyday stock that is but this one is cheap steve vai uses the same one but im thinking maybe that steves might have been built better and is of higher quality

Before you drop that kind of dough for a Keeley Mod, let me suggest looking into Monte Allums. I've put some of his mods into a couple of my pedals and I've been nothing but satisfied. Plus, if you can basically use a soldering Iron and read directions, he will send you the components and directions to do it yourself. It's a lot of fun, and kind of like a "bonding" experience with your gear. His mods usually run around 20 bucks for a kit, and if you would rather they do it, you can send it in as well. I turned a $40 thin and weak sounding SD-1 into one of my favorite pedals with clip and gain switching availeable.

monteallums.com
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
yeah ive heard they are good i actually own a monte allums modded DS-1 that sounds like **** maybe mine is dodgy all though i havent tried it through my marshall silver jubilee only through a line 6 but it sounded like mush