i swear there are no girls in sydney, australia who listen to good music...

its all britney spears or some mainstream rubbish

im not even talking about death metal or anything, just metalcore, or even hard rock

its a conspiracy i tells ya?

reply if your sane and listen to good music!
Quote by Blackvelvet

That could be the single most logical, helpful response ive ever gotten from UG.
Thank you very much.

Quote by Nor'Easterbass
wow. i don't give these out much, but...an e-cookie to GruntFuttock for being an EPIC good friend and a genius beside. bravo.
My girlfriend likes good music, and she was in a band situation for a while.
metalcore's lame though haha.
I'm in sydney btw.

She listens to everything from NIN to Dream Theater to Pink Floyd.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
Quote by GruntFuttock
i swear there are no girls in sydney, australia who listen to good music...

its all britney spears or some mainstream rubbish

im not even talking about death metal or anything, just metalcore, or even hard rock

its a conspiracy i tells ya?

Depends what your definition of "good music" is.
Music is a matter of interpretation.

It's not up to you to decide whether they are listening to good music.

If it appeals to someone on any level then it is accomplished music.

But yeah. Girls generally have a different taste to guys.

We look for something different in our music.
I play guitar. So I joined a club about it.

Quote by copet
Why has Kirk Hammett not been in G3? Figure Joe has invited him but he is too busy with Metallica?

Quote by JustinMalvo
Music is a matter of interpretation.

It's not up to you to decide whether they are listening to good music.

If it appeals to someone on any level then it is accomplished music.

But yeah. Girls generally have a different taste to guys.

We look for something different in our music.

Yeah but musical immaturity tends to flow towards pop music which is simple and not overly outstanding but is saturated in the media. So the musically immature don't have much choice in what is their favourite type of music and what good music is since pop music isn't really chosen by the public.

It is , then it's warped.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
i wasnt judging music dudes, was just suggesting that the mainstream music is plagued by only a few genres, most of which don't appeal to me, it was a social statement concerning the lack of interest in music that is not played on the radio, something which JUSTIN MALVO and MATTALAC kinda picked up on. i wasnt criting any form of music, i stated what i liked, metalcore and hard rock, i weren't judging anyone, thats what i consider good music, if you dont think so, fine, waste your time bitching about a genre you dont like, i dont really care, i was looking for someone who had the same interests,
Quote by Blackvelvet

That could be the single most logical, helpful response ive ever gotten from UG.
Thank you very much.

Quote by Nor'Easterbass
wow. i don't give these out much, but...an e-cookie to GruntFuttock for being an EPIC good friend and a genius beside. bravo.
the only ones i know who do, only do it because it's "BROOTAL"

besides, i think you mean listen to "your" music.
I know heaps of girls in Sydney (Im from Sydney aswel) That listen to 'good' music.
Hard rock, classic rock etc..
HI
Yeah, Sydney is full of people into decent music, the challenge is finding them, it is often who you least expect.

I'm actually surprised that most people actually have quite diverse music tastes. I mean, you hear something like Timbaland or Britney or some **** on the radio, then you hear Foo Fighters or The Midnight Juggernauts or something semi-decent and most will like that too. They are quite diverse, as long as the music is on the chart, it doesn't matter what it is. Most of the girls at my school listen to pure **** on a stick, yet they love the music my band makes and I haven't heard the end of it, so it is quite conflicting.

Go to gigs, and you will see people or specifically females with the same mindset as you.

My girlfriend was one of those sort of types, but she always welcomed something with open ears. I started getting her into some good music e.g. Incubus, The Butterfly Effect, Dead Letter Circus, Arch Enemy (she loves the music, hates the growling), Muse and etc, which she listens to on a regular basis (and comes to gigs with me occasionally). In turn, she also got me into some good classical and soft rock like The Eagles, Jim Brickman, Chopin and other composers that are enjoyable, since she is a pianist.

Its a matter of observation TS.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
As JustinMalvo says, music is just a matter of interpretation. Considering that most of UG are blatant elitists and the rest just don't care, wrong place to look for answers.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood
Considering that most of UG are blatant elitists and the rest just don't care, wrong place to look for answers.

Well said my friend.

BTW, did you see Dream Theater out here? They were superb!
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
Yeah, Sydney is full of people into decent music, the challenge is finding them, it is often who you least expect.

Man I dont know how old you are, but im 19 almost 20, all my friends/peers are all club rats that think any music that doesnt have synth basslines and drum machines is old crap.... Its ****ed, Sydney is ****... The only place you can find simmilar people I find is Newtown.... Im seriously thinking about moving to melbourne, the live music scene is soo much better down there....
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
Metalcore is pretty good imo >.> Killswitch Engage for example.

Machine Heads kicks ass though
Quote by sheumack111
Man I dont know how old you are, but im 19 almost 20, all my friends/peers are all club rats that think any music that doesnt have synth basslines and drum machines is old crap.... Its ****ed, Sydney is ****... The only place you can find simmilar people I find is Newtown.... Im seriously thinking about moving to melbourne, the live music scene is soo much better down there....

Well when I say who you least expect, I mean beyond the obvious as in every self-indulgent, overtly promiscuous, slutty teeny-bopper has a secret admiration for The Mars Volta or anything like that, but within the school community, there can be some unexpected diversity. The way a person portrays themselves is often a key signal that potentially shows they have tastes for something that doesn't just consist of the criteria you mentioned.

What I'm trying to say is that, as long as it is fed to them by the charts, it doesn't really matter what style of music it is, the fact that it is chart music is enough to constitute success and popularity and therefore, listens by those chart-serving nymphomaniacs.

Dude, have you ever been to the Annandale? The live music there is almost always good. Same with Club Blink and Abduction X and all those places. Try there, then contemplate move to AFL city.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
lol, afl city, yea, i think i might try newtown first, its closer...never heard of club blink or abduction x,

and also, you mentioned that:

"The way a person portrays themselves is often a key signal that potentially shows they have tastes for something that doesn't just consist of the criteria you mentioned."

I show no evidence of the music i listen to, because im not into the whole scene stuff, so its hard for someone to identify my musical tastes, which makes it soo much harder to meet someone who is the same, likes the music for what it is, not coz they wanna be emo/hardcore/metalhead/whatever... i have very specific tastes ahaah
Quote by Blackvelvet

Thank you very much.

Quote by Nor'Easterbass
Quote by GruntFuttock

I show no evidence of the music i listen to, because im not into the whole scene stuff, so its hard for someone to identify my musical tastes, which makes it soo much harder to meet someone who is the same, likes the music for what it is, not coz they wanna be emo/hardcore/metalhead/whatever... i have very specific tastes ahaah

It doesn't have to be a physical or external image factor because I have seen so many people that look like emos yet love similar music to me. By the determining factors, I mean personality and the way that they portray their body language rather than their facial or apparel image.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by GruntFuttock
if you dont think so, fine, waste your time bitching about a genre you dont like, i dont really care

Quote by GruntFuttock
i swear there are no girls in sydney, australia who listen to good music...its all britney spears or some mainstream rubbish

Oh the irony of it all
ahh, right on
Quote by Blackvelvet

Thank you very much.

Quote by Nor'Easterbass
I live in Sydney. Pretty much every girl I know listens to good music. By good music I mean most of them are into The Beatles, Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, RATM, a lot are into metal as well(I'm not a metal fan myself so I can't go into the billion stupid sub-genres). Basically I've never ever been friends with or associated with girls who are into Fall Out Boy, Britney, etc. This isn't because I'm an elitist **** and I hate people like that, I just never run into them. Pretty much every girl I've ever met has liked what I would consider to be decent/good music.

In conclusion, either you're 12 years old, or you need to get out and about Sydney a bit more.
Quote by IncubusMan999

What I'm trying to say is that, as long as it is fed to them by the charts, it doesn't really matter what style of music it is, the fact that it is chart music is enough to constitute success and popularity and therefore, listens by those chart-serving nymphomaniacs.

Dude, have you ever been to the Annandale? The live music there is almost always good. Same with Club Blink and Abduction X and all those places. Try there, then contemplate move to AFL city.

Mmm I get what your saying and agree...

And yes ive been to and played at The Annandale, Club Blink, the Exelcsior etc various times, they are "Diamonds in the rough" we may say...
Quote by sheumack111
Mmm I get what your saying and agree...

And yes ive been to and played at The Annandale, Club Blink, the Exelcsior etc various times, they are "Diamonds in the rough" we may say...

I wholeheartedly agree, it is rare to find a good music scene if you don't look beyond the norm.

If you don't already, take a look at Drum Media, that's where I get info for must gigs I go to.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
Well said my friend.

BTW, did you see Dream Theater out here? They were superb!

Yes, I did. They were overly-excellent, made it worth the trip to and back from Sydney in extreme pain from Tonsilitis.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood
Yes, I did. They were overly-excellent, made it worth the trip to and back from Sydney in extreme pain from Tonsilitis.

A true sign of commitment. It has to have been one of the greatest shows I have ever seen. Endless Sacrifice, As I Am, In the Presence of Enemies and Metropolis/Pull Me Under were top notch! Did you hear the big stuff up in Metropolis though, they recovered well.

Did you sit or stand?
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by GruntFuttock

Everybody listens to good music if they like their own music taste
Quote by IncubusMan999
I wholeheartedly agree, it is rare to find a good music scene if you don't look beyond the norm.

If you don't already, take a look at Drum Media, that's where I get info for must gigs I go to.

Exactly man thats just it hey.... Haha yes Drum is usually my guide to weekends festivities... Hey if your free on friday night, a band that im preety close with (Roma Saanta) is playing at the Excelsior, they are preety kool, simmilar to Cog...

I saw DT aswell... Phenomenal show, apart from that stuff up.... I was in the standing section, the sound was crap up the front i thought... I was a tad dissapointed they didnt play Octavarium or A change of Seasons or something like that... Still was an awesome concert never-the-less.
Quote by sheumack111
Exactly man thats just it hey.... Haha yes Drum is usually my guide to weekends festivities... Hey if your free on friday night, a band that im preety close with (Roma Saanta) is playing at the Excelsior, they are preety kool, simmilar to Cog...

I saw DT aswell... Phenomenal show, apart from that stuff up.... I was in the standing section, the sound was crap up the front i thought... I was a tad dissapointed they didnt play Octavarium or A change of Seasons or something like that... Still was an awesome concert never-the-less.

That sounds like a good idea mate, but my band unfortunately rehearses/resumes recording on Friday so I wouldn't be able to make it. Give them a shout for me. My newer band should be on the gig circuit fairly soon.

Yeah Dream Theater was absolutely amazing. I would have liked some more Train of Thought but it was a well distributed set list overall i thought. They recovered pretty well from the stuff-up though which is good.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Back to the TS's original point: you're a ****ing idiot. There are ****loads of girls that listen to metal/hardcore/whatever in Sydney. Do you leave the house, like ever?

lol. I cant believe this.
!!!!prepare The Laser Beam!!!!!
My gear:
Ibanez jem555, rg320, rg170dx
Ashton gt100 amp
boss me50
Good music = Music you like?

Oic.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Quote by Ex'sAndOh's

Oic.

que?
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM