Poll: Kick or Chance
Poll Options
View poll results: Kick or Chance
Kick him out or kill him or sell him to prostitution
50 88%
Give him a chance... C'monnnnnnnn
7 12%
Voters: 57.
So I'm in a band and we have been playing for about 6 months now and have played a few shows. We are starting to get serious but our violinist doesn't seem to be as serious as the rest of us. He only turns up to less than half the rehersals and forgets to change effects at the right time.. He blames the not being able to come to rehersals on his parents not being able to drive him but today we called him mid-rehersal and we woke him up. We have a show in 3 weeks, should we kick him out now or should we give him a chance to pick up his game and play the show?
Kick him out.
If everyone else is serious and one member isn't, I'd kick that member out. I've had problems with that in the past and it was always a good choice to kick someone out.
And if you can't find a violinist in time, find a keyboardist
♥xx♥

I thought you wanted band name advice, and I was going to say that both 500th Choice and Kick are incredibly sucky.

Give the guy a warning. Tell him that if he doesn't turn up to ALL of the rehearsals in the next week, he's fired. Start looking for a keyboard player as a potential replacement too, be ready to hire him/her.
Keep him in the band, just also keep him in a cage of some sort wherever you rehearse.
[quote=""[It's Alex"]"]Kick him out.
If everyone else is serious and one member isn't, I'd kick that member out. I've had problems with that in the past and it was always a good choice to kick someone out.

ME mememememememe!!!!
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
[quote=""[It's Alex"]"]Kick him out.

Yeah we were thinking of getting a keyboardist and would probably sound better, its just hard to get someone who is willing to buy an amp to play with us...
just tell him "dude you need to sort it out or you are out of the band" and he will then decide what he wants to do as youve told him whats gunna happen if he doesnt sort it out
Quote by webbtje
Give the guy a warning. Tell him that if he doesn't turn up to ALL of the rehearsals in the next week, he's fired. Start looking for a keyboard player as a potential replacement too, be ready to hire him/her.

Totally agree.. If u kick him now hes gonna go all "u didnt even give him a chance" and all that ****.. This way if he comes for all rehearsals, good. If he doesnt u can kick him and he can say ****. Win both ways..
Shoot him in the face with a cat launcher

Then kick him out

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
anyway, i say kick him out (how important is violin in a rock band anyway?)

get a keyboardist to come along, waay more versatile.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
If he only shows up half the time, kick him out!
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
Quote by BFun

Turisas?
Quote by webbtje

Yep, give him a warning.

Btw, is he good? I mean, bomb-diggity good?

Yes, I watched Bring It On 2 last night.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by PhobiXa
Far out, I forgot to mention also that he is close friends with me and another member of the band, and that he bought the violin for the sole purpose of playing with us..

uuum, i may be stabbing in the dark, but is he only in the band because he's a mate who wanted to be?

it sounds like it... he BOUGHT an instrument to join, you know....
Quote by sweet_requiem
uuum, i may be stabbing in the dark, but is he only in the band because he's a mate who wanted to be?

it sounds like it... he BOUGHT an instrument to join, you know....

hahah thats nearly right. he is good friend of ours and we were looking for a keyboardist or other and he has been playing violin for 8 years or so and he said he would buy an electric violin. So we of course said yes... We thought he would actually have a level of commitment though.
Quote by PhobiXa
hahah thats nearly right. he is good friend of ours and we were looking for a keyboardist or other and he has been playing violin for 8 years or so and he said he would buy an electric violin. So we of course said yes... We thought he would actually have a level of commitment though.

heh, sounds like he doesn't quite think it needs that much, give him a kick up the ass and see what happens.
Kick Him out. Besides, Violinists lead to bad things. :cough:yellowcard and operator please:cough:
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
Quote by andychalmers102
Kick Him out. Besides, Violinists lead to bad things. :cough:yellowcard and operator please:cough:

And Kansas.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by BFun

Frank Zappa, the Mahavishnu Orchestra, and Gogol Bordello employ them VERY nicely.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
"Your only as strong as your weakest link."

Kick him out. You don't want someone f*cking up on you 3 years down the track and you have to re-do everything that had to be undone.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
give him a warning, tell him that he must come to every rehearsal and rehearse more than usual, he wont tell the difference coz he misses so much. plus, i would find it impossible to kick someone out of my band tho

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Well I guess it depends on how good he is. Just tell him that if he wants to be part of the band, he's gonna have to show up to rehearsals from now on.
Quote by nosushi4you
It doesn't. I like jerking off, but I'm sure as hell not gonna do it with my Dad.
Quote by punkrocker10115
I <3 you!
Yes it is!
Second one to me

Kids, drugs are dangerous. Stay safe.
I have the same problem, give them a chance and TELL HIM to wise up or he is out that way he knows he has to do one or the other.