So I was wondering on getting some gold pickup covers for my seymour duncans SH1n and SH4. I'd like to know if those covers would impact the sound in anyway and can these plain gibson covers be installed on seymour pickups?

http://www.thomann.de/gb/gibson_pu_kappen_gold_steg.htm

Additionally, if these work, how do I install them ?
Edwards LP 92CD
Marshall MG100dfx
The notice in tone would be very slim, if at all noticeable. I'm guessing they would work fine. But you can find non-gibson ones much cheaper.

You solder them to the baseplate of the pickup.
Well, as far as I know thomann is the only shop that ships to lithuania and the local stores are just... A joke
Edwards LP 92CD
Marshall MG100dfx
hm, ur actually right I never thought searching for stuff on ebay, since I could never find worldwide shipping, but I just did :O
Edwards LP 92CD
Marshall MG100dfx
How easy it is to hear depends on the covers you use. Nickel silver covers only change the tone a little but it is still noticable. Chrome covers change the tone a lot. If your gold covers are plated brass then those will change the tone a lot.
Not taking any online orders.
Hm, so there aren't any gold covers that wouldn't do a big impact on my guitars tone?
Edwards LP 92CD
Marshall MG100dfx
Listen to corduroy he knows what he's talkin about.

but you cant just solder them on there you also gotta pot them. Check my sig
(which corduroy also helped me out a lot on)
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I've always noticed an obvious difference in tone from covered to not. I personally like what the covers do to the tone, but wouldn't want it on all of my guitars.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Quote by Dreamzor
Hm, so there aren't any gold covers that wouldn't do a big impact on my guitars tone?

Anything with metal (even metal plating) will change your tone. Some metals change tone more than others I.E copper and brass deaden trebble a lot more than nickel. There are things you can do to make them change the tone less like cutting a slit in the side of the cover, but if it's got metal it'll still change tone a little even if it's nickel and even if you cut a slit in the side of the cover.

Plastic covers don't change tone.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Feb 3, 2008,
so it's mostly darkening the sound, right?
Edwards LP 92CD
Marshall MG100dfx