Hey, im going to get a new amp tomorow, i have savd enough for a G DEC but was wondering how good it was. If anyone owns one could I have some feedback? Thanks.
I own it, love it, the effects are perfect, and the wattage is high enough to truly rock, buy it now
i own one... theyre cool for beginers who like to mess around with different effects tones and what not.. but if youre a expierenced player who wants the best tone and sound you can get or something loud for a gig...big nono.. and they just sound too... electronic to me?
Quote by kirkisking
Were you like, physically abused as a child or something?

Squier HSS
Jackson Ke2
Marshall MG100HDFX
Boss METALZONE
Quote by chea_man
why dont chicks have tits on their back for slow dancing?
because sometimes, my friend, there can be too much of a good thing
Quote by thepusher
I own it, love it, the effects are perfect, and the wattage is high enough to truly rock, buy it now

I currently own a 10 watt squire beginner amp, and that can go LOUD, so im assuming it is going to be quite strong. I mean, with distortion, i never really reach above 1 !

This is going to be for home use too, so the wattage doesnt really mean too much (i mean, why have 60 watts sat there when i can have 15 and better toneage).

I play alsorts of music from metallica to led zepplin to slightly classical stuff .
dude....if you are going to play gigs as well as play in your home its best to get a big amp. i dont know anything about the G DEC..but as far as power you will certainly notice a laaarge difference between your starter amp and your new one. get the big one (G DEC or whatever you choose) and play it soft in the house. play it LOUD in concerts.

good luck
Quote by jimbojetuk
I currently own a 10 watt squire beginner amp, and that can go LOUD, so im assuming it is going to be quite strong. I mean, with distortion, i never really reach above 1 !

This is going to be for home use too, so the wattage doesnt really mean too much (i mean, why have 60 watts sat there when i can have 15 and better toneage).

I play alsorts of music from metallica to led zepplin to slightly classical stuff .

Yeah but practise amps lack in tone. But they sound better at lower volumes.
I have a G-DEC Junior and as a beginners amp it's ok, when I first got it I thought it was great having all the different effects built in however not being a complete beginner I very quickly got bored with it so I now have a Boss ME-20 Multi effects unit and I am getting a new 'proper amp' next week. You don't say which G-DEC you are after, but I would say look at what else is on the market at that money.
I wish I had tallent and ability.

Squier Vintage Modified Strat, Black with laquered 70s neck
Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)
Please don't get a G-Dec to be honest. How much have you got? Get a nice little 5-15 watt. It'll be as loud as a 30-40 watt Gdec