Well they introed them at the NAMM show, them being the Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy GX and the EX
anyone? I think they look pretty sikk, thinkin of gettin one...well obviously i wanna play one first but any suggestions? And if u think they're good then the GX or the EX for heavy stuff, like Metallica, GNR, Ozzy, Red, you get the idea. But also for blues and rock
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
they look good, they probably sound the same as current models of epi lp's
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel
Winner of the intellectual comment of the day award.
I saw one of these in Guitar Guitar yesterday, the inlay looks tacky but the finish is gorgeous. Seems quite similar to ESPs LP shape guitar, with the quilted finish and all.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
I really like'em. the new Explorer-model looks seriously weird though
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
lol...so should i go for it?
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
No, it'll sound like all your other guitars with that POS amp of yours. Best thing would be to have an equally priced guitar and amp... And seeing as you already have a guitar, I'd upgrade the amp first.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
You certainly need to upgrade your amp first. EMGs though a solid state? Christ that will sound incredibly bad.

The new EMG-equipped LPs and GS that Epiphone are producing will probably be okay, but I think that ESP would be a better choice if you're going down that route. Also, most people looking at Epiphone-level instruments, aren't goign to have an amp that can make the EMGs sound good anyway. EMGs need a top, touring-quality amp rig to sound good, otherwise they sound awful - no exceptions. And if you're successful and big enough to be touring with a good amp rig, then you wouldn't be looking at Epiphones anyway, so...

The other ones though, equipped with the passive Dirty Fingers pickups, might be a good choice. high-output passive pickups like that are the best choice for metal playing if you don't have an amazing rig to back up active pickups (and are arguably simply better than active pickups anyway...). However, again, I think if you're after a metal-friendly LP guitar, ESP might be a better route to go down anyway.