if i stand up playing my guitar the neck is heavier than the body so it like leans over causing me to have to keep pulling the neck up

i keep changing strap position but nothing changes it, what can i do?

the guitar is a jackson ke 3
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Is it V shaped, i cba to go look for the exact model at the moment

but its a common problem with "wacky" shaped guitars like jacksons and BCrichs and of course flying Vs

I had randy rhoads style guitar and that had a lot of balancing issues, but I sold it!!!
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
na not flying v

heres a picture

Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quite a few guitars do that, I wouldn't say it was a major problem really...
Cam Sampbell's my hero
but seriously guys come on, it just sucks really
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
you could find something to attach to the bottom strap button to give more weight to that side of the body. My bassist used to do that with his Thunderbird which has a major balancing issue. It worked lke a charm.
Quote by Eirien
you could find something to attach to the bottom strap button to give more weight to that side of the body. My bassist used to do that with his Thunderbird which has a major balancing issue. It worked lke a charm.

+1 it worked for my rhythm guitarist too
I breathe air.
Weld the strap button to the neck plate.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
A wider, leather strap might help too. In this case, I wouldn't skimp on the strap. Nylon straps tend to be a little "slippery".

I used to own a very neck/headstock heavy Dean that always wanted to take a dive on me. Replaced the strap with a rather nice leather one (not too cheap unfortunately) and it never slid again unless I swung it around.

Levy makes some nice leather ones...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Levy-s-Military-Webbing-2--Guitar-Strap-365919-i1130814.gc
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Last edited by Hakael at Feb 3, 2008,
Quote by Eirien

Quote by Dead_End
+1 it worked for my rhythm guitarist too

Pardon me for bumping an old thread, but what would you suggest attaching to make the body end heavier?
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Quote by metallica92
thats a jackson kelly ^^

aka jackson KE
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless