I want to buy the harley benton GA5H which is the head version of the GA5 combo and i have been looking at 2x12s to go in it but they are so ridiculously expensive that i have given up looking. However, i have seen speakers go for very cheap on ebay. For example. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-HH-Invader-Guitar-Speakers_W0QQitemZ320213880990QQihZ011QQcategoryZ23794QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I am thinking of buying some of these and making a 2x12 cabinet myself (if it's not too hard to do). I also think it would be pretty satisfying to get one up and running and especially if it sounded great. Is what i am doing a good idea? I want to avoid getting the combo because i want 12" speakers.
My Stuff!

Yamaha Pacifica 112
Vintage V400-12 Solid Top 12 STRING!!!!!
Yamaha F-310
Yamaha FD02 Solid Top
Orange crush 10
Watson XL15
Zoom G2
Encore PK40

Saxophone: Jupiter somethin or other
Quote by mr_hankey
You think £140 is ridiculously expensive? Get a job ffs.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm

I have a job (i work in morrisons lolll ) but i am only 16 and have so much other stuff to buy, like food and drink and stuff for college i can't afford much at all and i would therefore much rather go for the cheapest route possible.
My Stuff!

Yamaha Pacifica 112
Yamaha F-310
Yamaha FD02 Solid Top
Orange crush 10
Watson XL15
Zoom G2
Encore PK40

Last edited by Ghopki02 at Feb 3, 2008,
Quote by Ghopki02
I have a job (i work in morrisons lolll ) but i am only 16 and have so much other stuff to buy, like food and drink and stuff for college i can't afford much at all and i would therefore much rather go for the cheapest route possible.

Sure, so does everyone else. Don't you think it's a better idea to buy something which doesn't sound like complete crap, and you can still use for years?
Quote by mr_hankey
Sure, so does everyone else. Don't you think it's a better idea to buy something which doesn't sound like complete crap, and you can still use for years?

Yea but if i can buy some decent sounding speakers for cheap and then make an allright cab for quite cheap then i would rather do that and save lots of money (and it would still sound decent).
My Stuff!

Yamaha Pacifica 112
Yamaha F-310
Yamaha FD02 Solid Top
Orange crush 10
Watson XL15
Zoom G2
Encore PK40

dont skimp on speakers, nothing will compensate for that.
hh invaders are sh*tty speakers to be honest, they lack bass response and they sound dull. Vintage 30s also arent recommended for vintage style amps like ga5h. try some eminence speakers perhaps. they run 60 euros each on thomann.de for example(their governor and legend gb12 at least do).
Quote by 1337void
dont skimp on speakers, nothing will compensate for that.
hh invaders are sh*tty speakers to be honest, they lack bass response and they sound dull. Vintage 30s also arent recommended for vintage style amps like ga5h. try some eminence speakers perhaps. they run 60 euros each on thomann.de for example(their governor and legend gb12 at least do).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Blues-Junior-12-inch-Speaker-by-Eminence-USA_W0QQitemZ250210655217QQihZ015QQcategoryZ23794QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Something like that? I don't mind only having a 1x12 because this is only bedroom practice but yea.
My Stuff!

Yamaha Pacifica 112
Yamaha F-310
Yamaha FD02 Solid Top
Orange crush 10
Watson XL15
Zoom G2
Encore PK40

argh no its another crappy stock speaker. only get a crappy 5£ speaker like that if youre really tight on money, otherwise get one of the main line ones. eminence for example has samples of all their speakers at their website, celestion too i think.
Eminence legends are very good, and probably the cheapest, quality speakers you'll find here in Europe.