Hey guys, I need to get a cheap mixer to cover some of my recording stuff. I want one with 6-8 MIC inputs. Phantom power is required too. I've seen some cheap behringer mixers with really good reviews but everyone seems to think they suck. My range is about $100-$300. Does anybody know any alternatives or if behringers are really that bad? This is for a demo quality basement recording. Just looking to get some decent quality. Thanks a lot guys.
a friend of mine has it and loves it to death... personally i think behringer makes reasnable quality products for a fun price...
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Behringer good for mixers imo. Not so great on guitars and **** obviously. I've got a big 14 channel thing and it's awesome, not a thing wrong with it
A7XS oad
Their mixers are really good especially on a budget just never buy an amp from them. My band uses the 12 channel one
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Behringer Studio & Live gear are amazing for there price.
I use the V-Amp Pro Rack Effects & FCB1010 Floorboards.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_xenyx_1204_fx.htm

Thats the one my old band used for a mixer, worked fine.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
I have limited experience with their mixers, have used them in 2 shows and unfortunatly they were the weak part of the chain. The pre-amps just couldn't do what our mackie mixer was capable of handling, and we were stuck with a high-pitched whine coming out of it too I guess they're a hit-or-miss kind of brand, there is a reason why they are cheaper than almost everybody else.
Quote by les_paul_01
In Soviet Russia, song copyrights you!
Quote by altgrunge
Hey guys, I need to get a cheap mixer to cover some of my recording stuff. I want one with 6-8 MIC inputs. Phantom power is required too. I've seen some cheap behringer mixers with really good reviews but everyone seems to think they suck. My range is about $100-$300. Does anybody know any alternatives or if behringers are really that bad? This is for a demo quality basement recording. Just looking to get some decent quality. Thanks a lot guys.

Go with a Yamaha instead, they have much better preamps, Tapco mixers by Mackie are also good.

I tried a Behringer once and it wasn't all that great but it did work...
on the other hand, my school TV studio has a Behringer Eurorack MX2004A and shockingly the preamps are quiet, and they pin those for the lapel mics we use in the studio...

for 300 you can get a nice Yamaha MG16/4 and this Blem unit from MF is half price:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/x-wire-analog-unpowered-mixers-passive-audio-consoles?N=100001%2b304612%2b200996&Ns=P_RatingOverall%7c1&page=1

BTW, what are you planning to use for your interface?
you can't expect good quality just running a mixer into a stock sound card as my video have
Last edited by moody07747 at Feb 3, 2008,
The good thing about behringer is you can buy a mixer with 24 mic preamps for the price of a mackie 12 or 8 mic pre amp mixer. If one channel dies, who cares you still have 23 left to do whatever the hell you want with.
what I find most helpful in the larger mixers is the amount of sub outs.
this allows you to route your signal easily and run mixers properly.

http://www.tweakheadz.com/how_to_hookup_a_mixer.htm

The Behringer MX9000 is a nice unit, a little high in price though...

Think about Behringer mixers is they may work fine for a while but the parts are so cheap that they tend to break down so you very well may loose a few channels after a year or two. Also the EQ isnt too great.
ive never had a bad experience with them. From what i hear, a lot of lemons leave the production line.

Ive owned one small mixer from behringer, worked fine for 2 years and right now its just in storage(no need for it).
Fender CIJ Mustang
Fender Jagstang
Fender MIM Custom Telecaster
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender PT-100 Tuner
Boss SD-1
EH Small Clone
Vox Wah
Digitech Digidelay