I feel like i cant get any better at playing geetar I try and learn things, but i just play the same things over and over. Im not a bad guitarist, but there is a lot of room for improvment on certain things. Has this happened to anybody else? What the hell do i do?!
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
If i got the chance i would x) But hes still playing with Robert Johnson's soul im afraid...
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by Power Trip
Sell your soul to Satan.

Worked for Robert Johnson.

You lay me down as I go to the store
Sorrow ate me, I'm not me anymore
Play these heavens one more time
I'm not yours and I'm not mine

When you hear music after it's over, it's gone in the air.
You can never capture it again.

Man, I swear, earlier I felt just like I was a glass of orange juice. I was cold, and I felt like everyone used to love me, but now they're all about bottled water, so they forget me. And I felt like I would be good frozen..

I thought this was a thread about how we feel.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by bognorboy
learn how to spell guitar

Wow, thanks for the help, and when you spell guitar like geetar, its basically a pisstake.
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
practice a lot or find the PoD
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

You should try listening to some genres of music outside your comfort zones (I don't know what you're into, but...) like jazz or classical, then you should learn to play some of it. It'll help you play in different ways and help you find a path forward, so to speak. That's how I get inspired anyway.
go to the ancient pits of hell
say to the guardian "im here for the crafter"
when he takes you to him say to the crafter "i need your work"
he will give you what is known as "ultimatum de la plectrum"
use this object as i plectrum and youll be playing faster then herman li
thats what i did
Find a better guitarist and jam with them. That's a good way to learn stuff.
Feed your mind.
start playing jazz, really you learn a ton, also make sure you know all of your modes correctly, and then just learn some more scales... it will take your mind off of sucking and make you a better player
Get inspired, go watch videos of your favorite guitarist. It always works for me.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
You cant get worse at guitar or bass. Trust me. I havn't learnt a song in about 6 months (no time or energy) but i found that just playing half an hour EVERY SINGLE DAY works well, because if your the type who will practice for 8 hours a day once a week, you'll forget things, but if u have short, sweet half hour/an hour slot of intense practicing a day, then you learn more.
Quote by wizards?
start playing jazz, really you learn a ton, also make sure you know all of your modes correctly, and then just learn some more scales... it will take your mind off of sucking and make you a better player

I play a lot of blues atm, im proably one of the only guitarists i know that didnt start playing his favourite genre. Everybody else started on metal and theyre not too good to say the least lol.
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by andyd93
I play a lot of blues atm, im proably one of the only guitarists i know that didnt start playing his favourite genre. Everybody else started on metal and theyre not too good to say the least lol.

^I didn't start on metal either, and I will learn it sooner or later, but I'd prefer it to be later. I just don't like metal that much. On another note, I started with a few blues songs, a few punk songs, and just worked my way back in time to classic rock, and then some older blues stuff... It worked for me and you can do it too for only five payments of $39.95
Quote by wizards?
^I didn't start on metal either, and I will learn it sooner or later, but I'd prefer it to be later. I just don't like metal that much. On another note, I started with a few blues songs, a few punk songs, and just worked my way back in time to classic rock, and then some older blues stuff... It worked for me and you can do it too for only five payments of $39.95

Advertising!! Hit him!!
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN