I've been playing bass for about a year and a half, and I'm Going do buy a new bass, but i'm not quite shure what bass i'm going to buy... i've got a morgan and a 32 years old Ibanez, but i'm lookink for a more of a "allaround Bass" Please give me tips
Thanks!
checkout rondo music.net I dunno about 4 strings but they have a sweet active 5 string neck thru bass for only 200$ hope this helps
Quote by Bullet-Rule
Whats your budget?

Well... i've actually got some mony:p about 1500$ but i'm villing to give more for a really life lasting bass!
Quote by zombies8myguita
checkout rondo music.net I dunno about 4 strings but they have a sweet active 5 string neck thru bass for only 200$ hope this helps

Thanks
Fender Jazz Bass 24 fret 5-string that's about as close as you can get to most versatile with the exception of a six it's active too.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
A new American Standard Jazz should fit your bill perfectly. Well under your budget, too. The only choice you really have now is the 4/5 string issue and the finish
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I've been looking at some of Carvin's basses lately, and apparently you can design and order your own custom bass for around $1500. The only downside to this is that you can't try before you buy. If you don't like that, the Fender Jazz bass is also a good option.
Warwicks might not be as versitile as you want but i think they are worth checking out if you havent already.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by c3powil
Warwicks might not be as versitile as you want but i think they are worth checking out if you havent already.

I know! I've played on my friends Warwick a couple of times, and it is Awsome!
Ive been Gassing for one ever since I played one in a Guitar Center a couple of months ago.
They are awesome though and either that or a spector will be my next upgrade.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
look at an Ernie BAll Musicman Bongo i think that bass is the most veristile i have ever played. it comes standard with a 4 band EQ (low, low mid, high mid, high) controll and 2 huge humbuckers. it sells for right at a grand you should check them out.

Your41Plague12 also has the right idea. you can save some money and if you decide later you can upgrade strings, bridge, pickups, and maybe add an EMG 4band EQ and still have just a littlebit of money left over to pay someone to install it all.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by Emergancy Exit
look at an Ernie BAll Musicman Bongo i think that bass is the most veristile i have ever played. it comes standard with a 4 band EQ (low, low mid, high mid, high) controll and 2 huge humbuckers. it sells for right at a grand you should check them out.

Your41Plague12 also has the right idea. you can save some money and if you decide later you can upgrade strings, bridge, pickups, and maybe add an EMG 4band EQ and still have just a littlebit of money left over to pay someone to install it all.

Thanks for the tip!