Hi,

I was looking to buy the american standard strat, preferably with the HSS pickups

However, as fender has just released the new 2008 ones, I don't know what to get, considering they are slightly more expensive.

Are the 2008 models worth the £50-£70 more than the older single coil ones?

And seeing as the 2008 HSS version is quite a bit more, how much difference does the humbucker at the bridge make over the single coil ones? I have only been able to try it out in a noisy shop

Thanks
Darth
oh right your considering one of the new ones fender is releasing. hm honestly i doubt anyone can give u a good opinion on this matter considering no one has even tried the new 2008 unless they work at the factory or something. but i can tell you this. the older fat strats are pretty awesome and the hum just gave it more of a punch when you need it
Quote by kckyle
considering no one has even tried the new 2008 unless they work at the factory or something.

The new ones are out, in fact I ordered mine a few weeks ago and got it last Thursday.

I love mine, the new neck is the best I've played. Part of the reason why I bought it though was that they didn't have my colour before (Sienna Sunburst maple fretboard). I haven't been able to use it enough to really form a good opinion on it yet, I'm still sort of in the "honeymoon phase". At first I was surprised at how well it stayed in tune, so I decided that either the new bridge does what Fender claims, or I'm switching to Fender Bullet strings. I strung it up with my normal Slinkies today, and so far it still seems to be at least as good.

Mine is the SSS version. One thing I guess you might want to remember if you are looking at the HSS version is that the older HSS models had S-1 switching, but the 2008's doesn't.

but yeah, I felt the price difference was worth it, and I still do, however one could probably find some nice older ones on discount now also.
Last edited by whoismilan at Feb 3, 2008,
hey whoismilan: I hear they changed the finish on them. Is it still glossy, or is the finish thinner? Or does it feel like a faded model?
Yes it's supposedly thinner, but it still both looks and feels like a normal glossy finish to me.