Page 1 of 2
Okay, I've had about a year or so with my beloved 1985 Ibanez DT350, but it has to go for monetary/financial reasons.

Here are the specs:

Basswood body
Rosewood fingerboard
22 frets
"Pro-rockr" tremolo w/ bar - double locking
1 tone, 1 volume
2 hot-ass pickups
3 way switch

I cleaned this guitar up ALOT since I bought it... I took it apart and blew as much crud out as I could, polished it, and refreshed the fretboard. A few people have mentioned to me the rarity of this guitar... I certainly haven't seen another one like it.

This guitar is 23 years old... it has moderate nicking and scratching (not as bad as some newer guitars I've seen though, this is in really good condition considering it's age). Neck is still fast and straight, tuners work perfectly, locking nut works great. The neck pickup is warm and has plenty of output... the bridge pickup has a great midrange punch to it (the body of the guitar helps that as well).

The tremolo is the only "problem" - it stays in tune PERFECTLY as long as you dive it and let it come back up after playing with it. You can rip it high and dive it low and beat it up, but you have to dive down and come back up for it to stay in tune. I put new springs in it. The trem unit itself is in good condition (some of the black paint has worn off).

I also fixed one of the strap holders - the screw stripped out but I filled the hole and redrilled it so it's super snug now.

Playablity wise, this guitar is great. I think it plays exceptionally well - I have the action set to medium-low so the notes are full, but you can still shred with ease. This guitar is so comfortable standing up because you can put the lower V part on your leg and blast. Standing up, this guitar is very comfortable... I prefer it to the standard double-cut normal shape of many other guitars. The switch is in a great location as well... right at the top (LP style)...

The red on this guitar is brilliant... it really is. It has a great sparkle and it suits the body style. People can't believe their eyes that it is an Ibanez, it really doesn't look the part.

If you need any more description then just ask. The guitar DOES come with the original hardshell case - it's made for this guitar and has a little storage cubby in it. The case has minor kicks on the outside, a little color fading, but the interior is absolutely perfect... I wonder if this guitar has ever even seen a stage.

Asking price: 600 USD shipped. I will ship insured via UPS and I will have them package it. I accept Paypal and certified checks.

Also! I may accept trades. No guitar gear unless it is heavily in my favor... I like electronics but it still has to be in my favor. I prefer a little cash+trade over just all trade... I would most like to have just cash though.

Last edited by i_baked_cookies at Feb 15, 2008,
I love these old guitars. If I had extra money I'd be swiping it up, but the opposite true and I need money . Free bump anyway.
Quote by decadence5423
I love these old guitars. If I had extra money I'd be swiping it up, but the opposite true and I need money . Free bump anyway.

Thanks...

I really want someone to pick this up!
ugh same deal here.....
if i had the cash i would have already bought it
what do you mean by "electronics"? guitar stuff...computer stuff...stereo?
Gear:
-Ibanez
--RG270DX~Blk
--AGS83 Semihlw~Ant.
--AEF30 AcEl~Trans Blk
-BC Rich ST III~Snakeskin
-Strat~oly wht Hendrix
-OLP Tin Top
-Roland Cube30x
-Epi VJ -modded
-4x12 Marshall cab
-Pocket Pod
-Hendrix Wah
-Slash Wah
much more
They have a black one of these at Daddy's Junky Music in Waterbury for $399. I don't believe they are all that rare but do play quite well for a bolt on neck X series guitar, the setneck X series are rarer. Good luck w/ the sale
1980 Gibson Explorer e/2
1979 Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty
2006 USA Jackson Select RR1T
Quote by woopah
what do you mean by "electronics"? guitar stuff...computer stuff...stereo?

Personal electronics, no car audio... computer stuff maybe, but doubtful. Any nice simcard phones would be okay perhaps.

I don't know about the black Ibanez Destroyer, but it might not be the DT350 (there was a 250 and a lower model I think)... I know for sure that my DT350 is worth somewhere around 550 or 600, I've had it appraised by a local guitar shop - they said they would give me 500 for it, and that if I sold it elsewhere I could probably do another 50 bucks.
That looks SOO much better than the Dean MLs.

like 100x

and Beautiful posters.

RATM + COB.
Very nice.

Free bump, if I was in the US i'd buy this without thinking twice.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
hi
i´m interested
i have some of these
whats the overall condition like?
also, i have my own UPS account . is this ok with you? so i just need yr price for the guitar?
can u send us a pic of the back of the headstock?
oh....what are u looking to trade with? anything in particular - i have a massive stock of used and new guitars. thanks
Quote by rajandmaria
hi
i´m interested
i have some of these
also, i have my own UPS account . is this ok with you? so i just need yr price for the guitar?

I've messaged you.
Quote by rajandmaria
oh....what are u looking to trade with? anything in particular - i have a massive stock of used and new guitars. thanks

Not interested in more guitars, sorry Cash is king.
Quote by rajandmaria
hi
i´m interested
i have some of these

Just for the record, if anyone has a UPS account or FedEX account and wants to do that for shipping, then the price to me is 550 USD.

I'll post pics of the back of the headstock this weekend.

Overall condish is as posted in the first post.
Up for today - 550 shipped if you buy in the next 12 hours...

I would be interested in trading for a PS3+cash.
Quote by Spadeace
Lovely guitar I'd buy it right away if it was in europe

I'll send it overseas if you want to pay some of the shipping... what country are you in?
i would but with all the shipping + customs, beside the fact i just bought a Kramer Baretta i really can't do it right now, if you still have it in 2 weeks i might be intrested, im in Sweden btw
Quote by rajandmaria
ok
what yr final price sent to spain

what's your postal code?

UPS says that it'll be around 250 dollars to Madrid, Spain...

Before you pay I'm going to get a detailed quote at the UPS store to figure the exact cost to you...

So let's put it at 500 USD + shipping charges. If you're in, message me your address. I'm estimating about 700 USD final price.
Last edited by i_baked_cookies at Feb 14, 2008,
i have an account with ups, i´ll use my account
please can u send a pic of the back of the headstck , no offence intended.ok?
give me yr bestest price....
Quote by rajandmaria
i have an account with ups, i´ll use my account
please can u send a pic of the back of the headstck , no offence intended.ok?
give me yr bestest price....

I send the pic of the back of the headstock tonight - about 6 hours from now. I'll post it here.

If you pay for shipping, then I want 500 USD, that's my best price.
ok
6 hrs from now i wont be checking , to be honest
however , i will look at this first thing in the morning
Quote by rajandmaria
ok
6 hrs from now i wont be checking , to be honest
however , i will look at this first thing in the morning

Okay, check back in the morning and the pics will be here, we're on way different time zones, it's noon right now here
Quote by i_baked_cookies
No longer for sale

If someone in the US wants to make me a cash offer on this guitar, I'll entertain it.
I know this is a big bump of an old thread, but the guitar is in the same condition as it was when I originally posted this.. and I've decided to try to sell it again.
Page 1 of 2