So I live in northwestern Iowa, and my friend and I are going to make a video for our video productions class. He wants to make a 'how to survive if you fall through the ice' video, and he conviniently lives next to one of the few large lakes in our area. Also, he is going into Navy Seals training in a few months. So basically, we opened up a 4x4 hole in front of his house in the ice, which is about 4 feet deep as well. He is going to be dressed in a full sweatsuit and full body carhartts(coveralls). I'm going to film him walking across the snow/ice, and he is going to fall in our hole and attempt to explain what to do, and get the hell out of there to his hot tub to warm up. So has UG ever done anything like this, or are there any tips/ideas for how to not die?

Also, to come up later.
Hmm, I have a good tip on how not to die ...

... don't fall through.

You lay me down as I go to the store
Sorrow ate me, I'm not me anymore
Play these heavens one more time
I'm not yours and I'm not mine

When you hear music after it's over, it's gone in the air.
You can never capture it again.

tip - secretly isolate that spot and warm it up, and act like your dying
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
you might be ok, but id look for a spot thats only maybe 3 feet deep or so, that way you can make it look like it is deep, but it will be easier to get out of. 4 feet might be a little dangerous, especially if he isnt ready for the shock of the cold water.
well, he survived, and we went in the hot tub. it was a jolly time. i will try and upload the video when i cn.
Wow... A young Bear Grylls in the making.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
if you can get a hold of a wetsuit he should wear that under the clothes.

get him wrapped in blankets as soon as he comes out of the water and make sure he warms up considerably before going into the hot tub.

What am I saying? this is retarded, just don't do it.
Quote by freedoms_stain
if you can get a hold of a wetsuit he should wear that under the clothes.

get him wrapped in blankets as soon as he comes out of the water and make sure he warms up considerably before going into the hot tub.

What am I saying? this is retarded, just don't do it.

Got a few problems with reading there, sonny jim?
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Wow... A young Bear Grylls in the making.

he was quoted as saying 'future navy seal and astronaut' before jumping in, so yeah. basically.
Nothing like a good polar dip, love em'.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
pffftt... swimming in a fromzen lake isn't dangerous.

instead of faking it... why dont you cut random holes all over the ice, then lure people over... when they start falling through, begin saving the ones that are drowning the most theatrically..... that will definetly be more cool than anything you guys could act out.

If your friend dies.... I blame natural selection.

Good luck with it