I'm personally tired of everybody complaining about music, and I was going to post this in another thread but it got closed before I could, ergo, I started another one

There are still some good bands out there, they just aren't getting as much attention as the crappy ones, but what everybody seems to forget that even if the 70's and 80's had bands like Zeppelin, Metallica and Pink Floyd, they also had horrible bands. We just don't listen to those bands so we get the feeling that the 70's were the equivalent of musical heaven, even though the number of good bands was likely outnumbered by the horrible ones. Same here, except because of the publicity that the crap bands are getting, we don't hear about good bands, and therefore dismiss all music that is released now as unlistenable

Flame shield on just in case...
Part of the Conan O'Brien is a genius group.
PM Garlik to join

Quote by X\Chazza/X

Anyway, long hair and a foreign accent, aren't you a hit with the laydeees?

Quote by CollinPlaysBass

Backstreet Boys > Beatles
70's were not musical heaven. There's good music in every decade, but it seems like there's surprisingly little in our current one.

I wish the stuff on TV didn't suck.

I'm sure there are good bands out there, but how do we find them?
Quote by sashki
70's were not musical heaven. There's good music in every decade, but it seems like there's surprisingly little in our current one.

I wish the stuff on TV didn't suck.

I'm sure there are good bands out there, but how do we find them?

The internet
im just sick of all these bands, whether i like them or not or whether there good or bad, that get one song on the radio, and its played constantly. Like, when the dj says "we got some Finger Eleven coming up after the break", you know its gonna be that lame paralyzer song. Why cant they just play random tracks off any albums by those bands? Maybe theres some actual goods somewhere
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
Quote by TheShubes
im just sick of all these bands, whether i like them or not or whether there good or bad, that get one song on the radio, and its played constantly. Like, when the dj says "we got some Finger Eleven coming up after the break", you know its gonna be that lame paralyzer song. Why cant they just play random tracks off any albums by those bands? Maybe theres some actual goods somewhere

Why bother listening to the radio?
Quote by GiantRaven
The internet

O'Reilly?

MySpace and PureVolume give me tons of bands which pull their hair over their eyes and sound exactly the same.
Last.Fm gives me lists of bands I already know
Pandora doesn't work in Europe
The Daily Chorus is like MySpace, only easier to browse, cos you know they're all gonna sound the same anyway.

Other suggestions?
i gave up the radio a long time ago

i usually listen to Music Choice, or my Ipod on random. its like a radio that onyl plays goods, no b.s.
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
ffs..

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS 'GOOD' MUSIC, IT'S ALL SUBJECTIVE!!!!!

/rant
"It's funny how most people love the dead. Once you're dead, you're made for life" - Jimi Hendrix

Quote by TheClincher
Is it incest if I had sex with my brother in law's half sister? Because if it is, it was so ****ing worth it.
Quote by sashki
O'Reilly?

MySpace and PureVolume give me tons of bands which pull their hair over their eyes and sound exactly the same.
Last.Fm gives me lists of bands I already know
Pandora doesn't work in Europe
The Daily Chorus is like MySpace, only easier to browse, cos you know they're all gonna sound the same anyway.

Other suggestions?

Look harder
i agree. there are plenty of good bands out there right now. you just have to look a little deeper than whats on tv and radio all the time.
Quote by sashki
In all seriousness, can anyone suggest to me a good website for finding new music? Besides MySpace, PureVolume, Last.Fm, Pandora and The Daily Chorus?

Surely UG can help!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
^i actually have found out about a lot of bands on here. just browse the forums of genres you like, and check out some of the bands you dont really know, or have never heard before.
Quote by daytripper75
^i actually have found out about a lot of bands on here. just browse the forums of genres you like, and check out some of the bands you dont really know, or have never heard before.

Been doing that for about a year now, and I found one band.

**** YEAH!

And UG is very helpful by avoiding the question.
Quote by GiantRaven
Avoiding the question?

I asked you where to find new music. You said "look harder".

"There are no nuclear weapons in iRaq, sir"
"Look harder"

That answer doesn't always help.

Is it honestly that difficult to suggest someone a website for finding music?
watch VH1 Classic.

You know honestly instead of complaining, what are YOU doing to make the music scene better? Are you coming up with some breakthrough playing technique, are you in a UNIQUE band (meaning a style no one else is doing), are you an influencial player? No, were sitting here on an internet forum complaining. I dont complain much anymore since I realized this, but then again I dont have much time to myself so I can concentrate on music (I have school, a play, studio apartment with my mom and grandma...yeah you get the picture) but if I could, I'd be out there playing my ass off getting my brand of music out there.
Well I kinda like the hellacopters.
Military use of children?

Infantry.
Quote by sashki
Is it honestly that difficult to suggest someone a website for finding music?

Quite frankly yes it is

You discounted all the obvious ones, I am aware of no more
I like the bands from the 80's. Is that a crime?

The crappy bands that we see today are waste of time. And yes there are good underground bands that no body has heard of before.