Page 1 of 4
I get tired of bands singing about how much the goverment and the president in general sucks. Personally, my only thing with the US goverment is that they get there ****ing faces into peoples morals and ****.

I carry many libertarian beliefs, so I'd like to listen to some bands that believe the same things.

Is Libertarian even punk in the slightest? No one likes it.
Quote by Chaise Boogie
I get tired of bands singing about how much the goverment and the president in general sucks. Personally, my only thing with the US goverment is that they get there ****ing faces into peoples morals and ****.

I carry many libertarian beliefs, so I'd like to listen to some bands that believe the same things.

Is Libertarian even punk in the slightest? No one likes it.

Refer to your avatar.
their are some anarchist bands....................... the ultimate liberty, if you will.
The problem with Libertarianism is you have to be a fat white asshole to think it will work. Not many guys like that play in a band, they're too busy counting their money.
Quote by cick13
The problem with Libertarianism is you have to be a fat white asshole to think it will work. Not many guys like that play in a band, they're too busy counting their money.

I don't believe in a free market. Most Libertarian views have nothing to do with money.
Matt Ter Not and The let them do what they wants.

They have some excellent songs. "London Reverse Calling, do you want to accept the charge?" and "Nazi punks, make a decision as to whether you will **** off or not" being my favourites.
Quote by Chaise Boogie
I don't believe in a free market. Most Libertarian views have nothing to do with money.

A friend and I were talking about this the other day. When it comes time to put out music, promote a show, etc. punk rockers believe in the DIY approach.

Yet when it comes to issues such as health care , welfare and such they believe the government should be doing more to help out, which seems to completely go against the preaching of DIY approach they believe in for every other facet of their life.

Personally I believe that true conservatism, not this new "Bush" conservatism, might be the only way people finally free themselves from government tyranny . If the government isn't doing anything for us we'll finally be able to say , "Hey why am I giving you a third of my paycheck again ? Why are you telling me what I can and can't do again? You're not doing **** so just STFU already. "

It's a hard row to hoe no doubt but in the long run it might be the way to finally end the ridiculous nanny state we're moving toward in this country.

/end Rant

As far as your original question I couldn't tell you a particular libertarian band but I honestly don't see much difference between the core message of DIY and libertarianism.
Libertarian has recently just become a fad. Mostly because of Penn and Teller's Bull****!. Great, actually awsome show, just now since they're awsome, and they're libertarians, it's cool to be libertarian.

DanRev, are those bands and song names real? if so, i'm so checking them out.

Disclaimer:
I do hold many libertarian beliefs also, i'm not ****ting on it, just saying it's being a little faddish.
Quote by original=punk
Libertarian has recently just become a fad. Mostly because of Penn and Teller's Bull****!. Great, actually awsome show, just now since they're awsome, and they're libertarians, it's cool to be libertarian.

Disclaimer:
I do hold many libertarian beliefs also, i'm not ****ting on it, just saying it's being a little faddish.

I don't know if it's so much a fad as that with the net people have access to a lot more information than they used to and finally see that they have options other than the democrat and republican approaches, which aren't so much options but the exact same thing.
Quote by original=punk

They're real if they want to be. It's up to them, who am I to say they can exist or not?
Quote by DanRev
They're real if they want to be. It's up to them, who am I to say they can exist or not?

xD

I get it now.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Frank Fontaine and the Little Sisters

Ayn Band
Quote by Chaise Boogie
How can you be libertarian and NOT believe in free market ? Libertarianism is strongly against government regulation of any kind as it only exists to restrict freedom.

If you believe in government regulating the market and the economy then your beliefs are not libertarian. There's nothing wrong with that. It's just not libertarian.
Quote by Chaise Boogie

Libertarianism as all about Laissez-faire capitalism. It's the ultimate "hands-off" approach to government. That's why so many republicans vote libertarian and that's why Ron Paul is loved by so many people that suck. Why punks like him I have yet to understand.

Cos we all love corporate rule!
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
i have no problem with politcal punk, but some bands just suck at it. Im sick of NOFX telling everyone who disagrees with them is wrong and "the stupid people" they need to go back to their old lyrics style. It especially sucks when the music is good but the lyrics are just so annoying. Same goes for Antiflag (allthough i dont even like their music). Face it guys you're not the Dead Kennedys, they have something you dont, its called an education. Bands liek the Dead Kennedys, Regan Youth, and Stormtroopers of Death (theyre pretty punk) use satire and sarcasm to get their point across and the outcome is usually a lot more clever than just "bush sucks, everyone who disagrees is wrong" Bands like NOFX are almost beginning to sound like the Fundamentalists they hate so much.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
I know this is sort of off-topic, but Ron Paul's a joke. A lot of punks seem to like him, but he's just like any other Republican, except he's against the war. He's the ultimate joke.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
Quote by TheAdict310
I know this is sort of off-topic, but Ron Paul's a joke. A lot of punks seem to like him, but he's just like any other Republican, except he's against the war. He's the ultimate joke.

If by that you mean almost all of his social platforms and many of his economic ones are completely different than most modern Republicans, then yes.

That's like saying "_____ is a nazi except he likes people of all races and is not a nazi"
I dunno, pro-life, pro-death penalty, no gov't regulation of businesses... sounds like a Republican to me.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
I have yet to figure that one out.
Quote by garett
How can you be libertarian and NOT believe in free market ? Libertarianism is strongly against government regulation of any kind as it only exists to restrict freedom.

If you believe in government regulating the market and the economy then your beliefs are not libertarian. There's nothing wrong with that. It's just not libertarian.

I think the government should prevent people from ****ing people over and keeping a balance. I'm not much into economics, so I can't really back up much, and seeing as how I don't know much, I want the government to protect me.

And yeah, Libertarianism has become somewhat of a fad, which pisses me off. Every time I personally discover something, it ends up being popular. I just don't like the government causing problems that aren't there, or magnifying them significantly because of there morals.

And don't get me started on the government wanting to rid gay marriage.
Quote by seljer
I read that as "librarian" bands

"I HATE MY MOM I HATE MY DAD
I NEED TO PUT SOME BOOX ON THE SHELF
I HATE THE WORLD I HATE YOUR FACE
I NEED TO RENEW MY BOOX!!!

UP DA PUNX
UP DA PUNX
UP DA PUNX WITH BOOX!

UP DA PUNX
UP DA PUNX
UP DA PUNX WITH BOOX!!!"
Quote by TheAdict310

yeah, i don't like him....although he wants to get rid of the WTO and NAFTA, he also wants to get rid of the welfare state and of course the whole abortion and homosexuality things...he's just nuts actually...and not in a good way like dennis kucinich...but in that crazy hardcore conservative way.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by mike2
yeah, i don't like him....although he wants to get rid of the WTO and NAFTA, he also wants to get rid of the welfare state and of course the whole abortion and homosexuality things...he's just nuts actually...and not in a good way like dennis kucinich...but in that crazy hardcore conservative way.

I think you have to be nuts to be in politics.
I honestly don't give a **** about who's to be president. It's either going to be a republican or democrat, and they have proven to be nothing but pointless men in pointless power.
Quote by Chaise Boogie
I honestly don't give a **** about who's to be president. It's either going to be a republican or democrat, and they have proven to be nothing but pointless men in pointless power.

by pointless power you mean... ****ing the earth right?
Quote by crustyreed
by pointless power you mean... ****ing the earth right?

With no facts, there's no point in even thinking THAT.
Quote by Chaise Boogie
With no facts, there's no point in even thinking THAT.

I see war and ecological devastation.
Quote by crustyreed
I see war and ecological devastation.

It's not a war, it's a big pissy fight. And really, the air I breathe now is as clean as it was 18 years ago when I came into this world,

I think most people who bash the president really have no facts. Kind of a waste.
Quote by recklessnick
is Libertarianism the same as Liberalism?

Hell ****ing no.

Even though my goverment teach in highschool said that you have to either be conservative, or liberal, and that there is no other scale, Libertarianism is not on there.

It's not even middle. It's, just not on there.
Quote by Chaise Boogie

Liberal Parties are ALWAYS economically liberal, that means they obey Friedman and Thatcher and Reagan.......the other liberal views are mostly shared by lots of parties who like freedom, so anarchy is the most liberal thing
Page 1 of 4