Been playing for just over a year. Been practicing various speed picking runs and here are a few:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-szXPQ2qjE

I know it's **** musically but i only want you to give me tips on my technique. Video/sound quality is also pants and you can hear my tumble dryer in the background.

Advice welcomed.
Musician's Talk forum? I kid.

I couldn't really hear your guitar because of all the background noise but from what I could hear, you seem to have a pretty solid picking technique.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
wow only a year , far be it to call you a liar sir but :P
nah just kidding what exercises do you use ?
Well it's over a year, about 16 months. I like, guess the excercises i did were the simple chromatic scales and stuff. I didn't really practice it all that constantly thoughto be honest, i just went to learn for the love of god by steve vai and learnt that palm muted run towards the end and practiced it over a few weeks. Can play any triplet runs at that sort of speed after that, it's easier than you'd think. I'm crap at two note for string stuff though cus i economy pick the triplets. Advice?
practice your basic minor pentatonic if you want to get good at 2 notes per string, it sounds great man, you would wipe the floor with me.
Dude how the **** did you learn how to do that i've been playing for like 4 years and i cant even do that yet.
Schecter Damien 6
Epiphone G-400
Digitech RP200A
Vox AD30VT-XL
Learn to sweep pick, then learn to economy pick, just going up and down the neck in triplets. I guess just practice. The runs i did aren't at all complicated, they're way easier than you think, seriously.
That was insane for just playing 1 year. Anyway, i suggest to practice with a clean tone for better accuracy.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Quote by Jonakin
Dude how the **** did you learn how to do that i've been playing for like 4 years and i cant even do that yet.

me too. HOW DO U DO IT??
Dude, I can do that and I've been playing for 18 months. I always assumed I was crap. But I have lessons so maybe that's it. Also, is that a washing machine making that background noise?
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Now that I've watched it again, I suggest working on keeping your fingers closer to the fret board, at the end they were just flying off.
That was insane for just playing 1 year. Anyway, i suggest to practice with a clean tone for better accuracy.

Yeah, will do, thanks.

Quote by ManInAClownSuit
Dude, I can do that and I've been playing for 18 months. I always assumed I was crap. But I have lessons so maybe that's it. Also, is that a washing machine making that background noise?

I am crap. I've never had lessons though and yeah, that's a tumble dryer in the background.

Now that I've watched it again, I suggest working on keeping your fingers closer to the fret board, at the end they were just flying off.

Yeah thanks, i'll work on that.
Quote by ManInAClownSuit

not very helpful. unless you post a video, this post has no value whatsoever. TS, you are incredible for just over a year of playing (but as you pointed out, the tone quality of the video wasn't the greatest ). keep it up!
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Quote by Arctine
Can play any triplet runs at that sort of speed after that, it's easier than you'd think. I'm crap at two note for string stuff though cus i economy pick the triplets. Advice?

Well, this may seem trollish, but... why do you ask how your Alternate picking is, when you're economising in the video?