Has anyone found those hand grip things to really strenghten your wrist for guitar playing?

Are there any problems with using those hand grips? Any potential damage?
I think you would get better results from just playing the guitar itself.

Those hand gripper things are pretty much just gimmicks. If you play the guitar often enough you will build the necessary strength in your fingers and build calluses as well ( which are equally, if not more important).

it all really just comes down to practicing the guitar.
Quote by GuitarMunky
I think you would get better results from just playing the guitar itself.

Those hand gripper things are pretty much just gimmicks. If you play the guitar often enough you will build the necessary strength in your fingers and build calluses as well ( which are equally, if not more important).

it all really just comes down to practicing the guitar.

I actually own the gripmaster and it works well. I don't know where the thread starter's level is at but I already have pretty good dexterity but if I stop playing for a couple weeks...I just pull out my gripmaster and start squeezing while watching TV. Then I can whip out my guitar and it feels like I just played earlier today.

The trick is to use your fingertips when squeezing and concentrate on forcing your pinky...it'll give you some calluses from doing that too. I bought the medium tension one.

Well worth it if you got 15 bucks to spare.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
The guitar IS the gripmaster. And Ive tried em alot but its always better with a guitar. So if you're going camping or on a vacation I'd say bring one but otherwise its not worth it.
Quote by Hitmanblack
The guitar IS the gripmaster.

exactly.

even if it works.... why not just play the guitar ? If you practice, youll never have an issue with finger strength. it doesnt take all that much anyway. Calluses are a bigger issue....
so are all of the other things involved.

Quote by omghi2u
if I stop playing for a couple weeks...I just pull out my gripmaster and start squeezing while watching TV. Then I can whip out my guitar and it feels like I just played earlier today.

why not turn off the TV, and just pull out the guitar. Then you actually have played today, and you've gained more than finger strength.
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Feb 3, 2008,
while there are some people who've successfully used things like the gripmaster, i suggest against it, i have one and used it for a while, and it ended up temporarily dehabilitating my wrists because of the added pressure that was put on em, i ended up having to wear wrist braces on and off for a month
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Quote by ray_von
Has anyone found those hand grip things to really strenghten your wrist for guitar playing?

Are there any problems with using those hand grips? Any potential damage?

I wrap my hands in a tight clench around my penis. Then using your wrist only, masturbate.