im a N00b and need some help is this amp any good poeple seem to hate all MG's on here
so i have like £200-£300 to spend and would like a amp about this size
i have a squier strat and a the 15w amp that most poeple have but i want to upgrade my amp before my guitar
i play mostly classic rock and punky stuff
no Greenday

be nice?

ok cheers
roland cubes are great for the money and way better than the MG, also the vox advt30 thingy is good to
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by deepestpurple
Mg = ****.

coming from a guy with a p.diddy avatar... that has to mean something!
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Quote by lexaah
coming from a guy with a p.diddy avatar... that has to mean something!

and i lol'ed again...

TS: you shouldn't buy a MG, go buy a Vox or a Roland cube!!!!
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Try a line 6
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
Quote by M_16A
Try a line 6

No, just no.

Like suggested before Roland Cube or the Vox ftw, the MGs and cheap Line 6's = ****.
Quote by M_16A
Try a line 6

no. dont.
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
^well he can actually get a flextone 3 with that budget. I'd either go with that or a vox valvetronix.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

Quote by M_16A
Try a line 6

*shakes head* tsk tsk tsk
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

They sound wayy too digital, They are good if you are buying the 15 watts one for bedroom practice, but anything more than that is absurd. And you can buy way better amps than that
what's the heaviest stuff you play, and will you be gigging?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by woody42
ok thanks eerrrr
can some one tell me want is wrong with the MG

its a marshall SolidState.... everybody knows marshall pwnz @ tube amps.
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

ok
so a Vox AD100VT would be better
and i hopefuly will be giging with it
I think for £200-£300 you're in 30w tube combo territory
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
the heaviest i play will probaly be like wolfmother
what i play is very the clash/the who sounding
yeah i'd save up a little more cause in the long run, don't buy cheap stuff, just don't, if you're gunna buy something thats going to last, then just pay good money for it. save up another 100 or so they we'll chat
Quote by Blompcube
I think for £200-£300 you're in 30w tube combo territory

agreed.

i'd try a laney vc30, grainger blues twin, peavey valveking etc.... see which you like best.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i could possibaly do £400
but would prefer not to but im listening
you should be able to get those 3 i mentioned for around the £300 mark. if you can stretch to £400, a peavey classic 30, grainger hammerhead stack, peavey windsor stack, marshall dsl401 etc. would be worth a look. but they might not be any better for the tones you want. for vintage-ish tones (i think that's what you're after, i'm not too familiar with the bands you mentioned) the laney vc30 is hard to beat (in the UK) for less than about £500. even though it is £300.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I got an Ashdown Fallen Angel for around 200. Its a 40w all valve combo. But I guess it could be a bit too high gain for what you play

Also look at the Peavey Valveking, which has a more american sound IMHO. With similar gain to the Ashdown.

The Marshall DSL401, the Laney VC30 (a vox copy basically), Peavey Classic 30 or the Laney LC30 are all also pretty good.

Don't buy a MG, don't buy a Spider unless its a valve. If you feel a desperate need to get a line 6 for some reason, get a Spider Valve or a Flextone.
If you get strange urges to go solid state, buy a Roland Cube, Vox Valvetronix or a Randall or something.

EDIT: Dave_mc has already said all my suggestions, so +1 to him.
Last edited by thedonutman at Feb 3, 2008,
^ you gave good advice too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They make a 250 Watt MG? Jesus i cant even stand to turn my 30 watt past half

But yeah, as suggested Above. there are plenty of Tube combos in your price range, andyour best bet would be to go to your Local store and Try a few out with a guitar similiar to yours. it will do you no good to Test out an amp with a Custom Shop BC Rich Warlock fitted with EMGs if your playing a Strat
Try a Line 6 Flextone, it's like a pretty good version of the Spider.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
They make a 250 Watt MG? Jesus i cant even stand to turn my 30 watt past half

No, 250 just means it's a 100 watt 2x12

I don't know what's available in the UK, but I like Crate's Palomino series.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
go to the store and check each one of them out. Anyone can tell you that the VOX sucks, that the MG sucks, and the Line 6 sucks but it all depends on what you think is good for you. If your gigging you shud definetely not getting anything below a 50w. Cube is also a good idea, but yea go to the shop.
I'd get a cheap tube amp or the Roland cube 60, i have the cube and it's a really good amp for the money.
Avoid Line 6 (Mainly the Spiders), and Marshall MG's.

Save a bit, get a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, you'll be much happier.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!