Any other My Vitriol fans about?

Anyone else tired of waiting for this new album???

Seriously, it must be finished by now.

How many years? like 6 by now surely.
Bloody hell, exactly. Finelines is amazing though, it all better be worth the wait. Have listened to some of the demo stuff from the new one(?) and wasn't blown away.
I went to their gig at the KOKO in Nov 2006 (was actually living in Essex at the time) and bought their 'Cast In Amber' live CD, the last track was a 6 min sample of the new album with about 30 secs per track, It made me excited as ****.

That was over a year ago and all they've released since then is 1 EP featuring a track that's been on My Space for donkeys, 1 original song (that was too piano for me) 1 cover song (Of Toy Soldiers, which is amazing, best track on the EP) and 1 remix of the main track (war of the worlds)

I want to know how the **** this band are living. Where the **** are they getting money from when they release nothing and play like 2 gigs a year.
Quote by freedoms_stain

I want to know how the **** this band are living. Where the **** are they getting money from when they release nothing and play like 2 gigs a year.

Well from what I understand, Som has wealthy parents who fund him and all the others have got day jobs.

Also from what I understand is that Som is holding out for a big record deal which isnt going to happen.

I love this band dearly but they have all of about a 1000 fans now, if that. They have been gone too long and although it would be great if they released a new album and it done well. I just kind of doubt it will do well and therefore I dont think there is much future for this band.

For those of you who would like a replacement for MV, there is a band that just released an album a few months back called PITCHBLEND. Amazing band, you should check them out.
They won't ever get well known, they had their chance 5 or so years ago and just disappeared. They'll need to do a name change before the big labels pay attention, if they don't they're lucky.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I'm a semi-fan. Our old drummer is the cousin of Carolyn so I've met them a few times n hung out with them backstage. Fun times.
It'd be a massive waste if they never made another record. Their new stuff is all awesome.

They shouldn't have done all this arsing about.
The situation is that they want to wait until someone big signs them to release the album. This is from the horse's mouth, by the way- Som's a friend of a friend.