Ok so I would like to tweak my distortion more than what my amp can offer so,

This is what I would like:
A pedal that offers enough settings to cover a lot of mainstream/classic rock like:
Fall out boy, my chemical romance, MAYLENE & the SONS ,boys like girls, taking back sunday, guns n roses, etc.

but also a pedal that offers enough gain to do those more squealy hardcorish bands like the devil wears prada, underoath, a day to remember, etc.

*note* yesterday people suggested the electro harmonix metal muff for these ^^^
bands, but i want a pedal or sumthing that can be set for those plus punk/pop/alt. orck songs too.

im wondering if the BOSS MD-2 mega distortion will do, it has the EQ knobs plus dist. & gain knobs.
my music instructor suggested a nice super overdrive pedal than a distortion pedal to top it off

any suggestions?
I dont think you can get a pedal to do all of that, The metal muff is very nice, but you might want to check out some boss distortions pedals for those classic tones.
Get a zoom 606 II or whatever, depends of course on how much you want to spend. Also if you have been playing 1-3 years and won't be a complete perfectionist over sound you don't need a full vai set up or something to get a tone you like for each band.
Originally posted by Meths
You need serious amounts of therapy.

Quote by jagstang270
One should not try to masturbate while Dragoneforce is in the background
you just can't keep up.

Quote by waylay00
DragonForce? Sounds like some early 90's children's cartoon or action hero lineup.
i'de go with the boss ds1... it works for me =)
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by Serjem
i'de go with the boss ds1... it works for me =)

i would say the ds-1 would cover pretty much of that but not the hardest stuff, you´ll need at least two different pedals!

EDIT: you got a modelling amp, and a pretty decent one, you should find all the tones you´ll ever need in it? (at least it should be so )
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
You basically got everything you need in that Flextone, as far as versatility goes. One of the better SS amps too.
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.