So, I have a Squier Affinity Strat with those standard tremolos...

I can't do any kind of pull-ups with the bar, I can only push the bar down a bit.

If I remove a spring of the back of the guitar(I currently have 3), will the bridge lift up a little allowing me to do pull ups?

This is because I have played in a guitar with a Floyd Rose, and I was doing those artificial harmonics all the time. I know with wont be as cool as a FR, but it would be fine...

So, is this possible?
OMG LOOK! I'TS MY SIGNATURE

Quote by Hobolad
I think instruments are as hard to play as you make them, y'know?

EDIT: Damn, I fail for posting serious.

Not really, yes you can set it to float a little but on a cheap guitar like that you'll get shocking tuning stability and it's not worth the effort.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^on the contrary mine stays in tune pretty well, and the trem system was idealy made to float...

to make it possible to pull up you must unscrew the six screws in front of the saddles a bit ... after you do this you must mess around with how the claw spring is set up , and reset the intonation. good luck.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by latinosuperstud
^on the contrary mine stays in tune pretty well, and the trem system was idealy made to float...

to make it possible to pull up you must unscrew the six screws in front of the saddles a bit ... after you do this you must mess around with how the claw spring is set up , and reset the intonation. good luck.

This is true. Otherwise you might as well have a hard tail if you have the choice?
thanks for the replies!

I'll try this, my teacher has already told me it could probably be done. Next lesson I'll try to do that.

If anything goes wrong, I can always put it like it originaly was, right?
OMG LOOK! I'TS MY SIGNATURE

Quote by Hobolad
I think instruments are as hard to play as you make them, y'know?

EDIT: Damn, I fail for posting serious.

Last edited by PF_strat at Feb 3, 2008,