Hey all,
I know I'm probably going to get flamed immediately for even considering these guys metal in the least, but after hearing Fortress, I'm beginning to think they're edging their way into metal.

I've always loved metal, hell, I play in a Viking/Folk/Black Metal band. When someone suggested PTH to me, I couldn't believe their ignorance. Pfft, these guys aren't heavy, they must suck ass.
I was proven wrong with Kezia. I listened to that album, and loved it - the lyrics were actually just as much part of the experience as the blisteringly hard guitar parts and intense rhythm parts. Great album.
Now, Fortress has been released and I consider this one getting ever closer to true metal. I would honestly compare it to Symphony X vocally, Atheist with the rhythm section, and... Wintersun with the guitars, seriously. A very worthwhile listen, and I believe that these guys shouldn't just be classified as ''Hardcore." They're like an excellent blend of Power metal, Melodeath, Mathcore and their own genre of ''Holy-****ing-****-these-guys-are-amazing"

This thread actually does have a point there, so just start here if you think "Tl;dr"
Has any other metal head given these guys a shot, and actually enjoyed it?
Cheers
1st ever MOD challenge winner
Rush Club Member #5
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Member #4 of The Geddy Lee Fan Club
Member #21 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join
There's a few around here who like them, I think.

But they still aren't even remotely close to belonging here.
I love them. Fortress is definately heavier, but idk if they're going to go true 100% metal.
Quote by mortiis999
Who are 'TH?

Acronym for "Protest the Hero"
Rush Club Member #5
I've always thought this band has tons of wasted potential. There are some pretty cool bits in their songs but there are no songs I like all the way through.
Awesome, awesome band.

Tom, did you see them when they played in Edmonton?
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by Instrumetal
Awesome, awesome band.

Tom, did you see them when they played in Edmonton?

No That was the day after the CD Release too, I was at the mead hall that night lol
Rush Club Member #5