So here is the story; I played for 5 hours straight one night a few months ago. I was slouching and using fairly bad technique. My wrist started to hurt when I stopped so I went to the doctor, he said it was tendonitis so I did all the necessary things like icing it and not using it. and three months later it still hurts. I am typing this with one hand right now. does anyone have some advice they can offer? if so, thanks
Just hang in there and let your hand rest. Tendonitis takes a long time to heal. It sucks, but if you strain it again it'll get worse quickly.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
yeah thats what ive heard but like I said, three months so far. all ive been doing is learning theory
Tendonitits sucks.

I have carpel tunnel syndrome and Im out of playing for 6 months on doctors orders.

Ive lost all strength in my left wrist so I cant play even if I wanted to.

Moral of the story: Rest the wrist. I didnt and now Im so much more worse off cause of it
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Guitardude19
Tendonitits sucks.

I have carpel tunnel syndrome and Im out of playing for 6 months on doctors orders.

Ive lost all strength in my left wrist so I cant play even if I wanted to.

Moral of the story: Rest the wrist. I didnt and now Im so much more worse off cause of it

i feel for both of you
ah yeah man its terrible, you were playing well too i listened to your profile songs. i guess ill just keep resting it.... i have heard about vitamin E leading to quicker tissue building. anyone testify for that? i dont want to be spending money on homeopathy nonsense if it doesnt work
My little bro suffered from this pretty bad, apparently the best bet is rest and cod-liver oil tablets.

Apparently the worst thing you can do is get stressed, as cortizone(?) (the chemical your body releases when you get stressed) seriously impairs the bodys system of repairing tendons and imflamation thereof.

Theres another suppliment you can take but i've fogotten its name, but cod-liver is the best. (He bust both wrists on gymnasts rings and sliced his archillies tendon in turkey, dumbass ).
Hope that helps..
God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed.
my guitar teacher is out for the next two weeks because of tendonitis, i hate it, its just a study hall now
i have heard of atheletes using HGH but isnt that illegal? if not, where do I get some?