Ok so my dad just applied for a job in Alaska. Anyone know what the music scene is like there? Are there any good sized music shops there? Is it way overpriced? I've never been there and I really don't know anything about it so any help would be appreciated.
EDIT: Skagway Alaska btw so It's a small place.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Feb 3, 2008,
dude....i live in canada which is closer than you to alaska, (alberta) and even in canada things seem to be 20 bucks more, and if you want pickups in a new guitar its like 300 bucks including installation here. so imagine that with less shops, more expensive. what city? they might have a gc there.
Quote by crustyreed
where in alaska?

I think he said Skagway.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Slinov
36 crazyfists are from alaska.

Go find out where they live, and shake their hands for me.

yeah, give them a hug from me.
Member #2 of the Mike Patton Worshippers club p.m. lalalama 2 to join

listen to metal.
Quote by convictionless
dude....i live in canada which is closer than you to alaska, (alberta) and even in canada things seem to be 20 bucks more, and if you want pickups in a new guitar its like 300 bucks including installation here. so imagine that with less shops, more expensive. what city? they might have a gc there.

Putting in pups yourself isn't difficult...
Quote by The Spoon
Portugal. The Man is from Alaska.

That's discouraging. I love them, but always thought they were from Portugal.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by Alexander_BR
Dude, 862 habitants. That is a assholish move from your dad. Seattle to Skagway, poor you.

BTW, there will be no GC's there.

I don't live in Seattle anymore anyway. I live in a small ****hole that no one has ever heard about in northern WA.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Music scene? Great, if you're playing for elk...
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
eh, theres a few local bands that are startin to get a little bit known...but other than that....nothin.

but Skagway, that sucks for you
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who