Thats impressive i must say!
not really my kind of thing but youre good at it
keep it up!
thanks a lot for the comments so far! really encouraging

any more comments and crit are more than welcome!
thats was really good, nice lyrics, nice vocals, did you use fruity loops for that
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
I like what you did to the lead guitar/synthy thing on It's not written. What did you run it through?

I don't really like the rest of the song based on genre preferences but it is well played/performed/recorded. The beat is really common, but. Probably could have found a better sample/beat. It also towards the end of the song sounded briefly like some vocal correction (could be wrong) which I tend to shun (sometimes minor correction works, but also it can be those flaws that make a performance memorable).

I really like the intro to realise and the drums are much better.

Overall you have a good grasp of production and vocal harmonies/arrangement for your style but I just hatethose club/gangsta beats with a passion. They're so unimaginative. I'd suggest going back to Run DMC or Public Enemy for some inspiration in that department.

Feel like listening to my band?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778600
thanks alot for the feedback guys, i ran my guitar through line 6 spider 2 DI'd through an edirol interface, i use vocal correction in a big way but a lot of the time i use it as a musical effect, cos im more a producer/writer, not so much a singer, i try to give my tracks the best chance they can hence fixin up ma crap vox!hehe

i use reason 4.0 for all synth parts, rewired into cubase SX where all real tracking takes place and mixing/mastering, melodyne is my weapon of choice on vox and it is quite amazing how good it is for twiddlin an bein creative with pre-recorded parts. as a note on the beat, yeah i understand it isnt to most peoples taste but id also like to say i do not sample beats i sample drum hits, so even though it may not be inventive i did create the full beat structure from scratch

any more crit/comments/questions much appreciated!
Quote by sheepy770
as a note on the beat, yeah i understand it isnt to most peoples taste but id also like to say i do not sample beats i sample drum hits, so even though it may not be inventive i did create the full beat structure from scratch

What do you use to get your drum hits into some sort of sequenced order? I'm guessing with Reason you'd be using redrum, right? I love redrum, the way it's graphically laid out it just seems to inspire odd beats what with the whole switching notes on/off wherever the hell you want. If you don't use redrum, can you please enlighten me as to what sequencer you use?

Also on another note, you say you use the vocal correction as an effect (ala Cher and just about every r&b (not that you can call it that anymore) artist). I'd like to make a point to those reading the thread (including TS).

Is extreme warbling pitch-correction being over-used in the mainstream? To me, whenever I listen to a mainstream song it seems the powers that be are putting the thing on way too liberally to the point that you can't really tell the difference between when someone is using it as an effect and when someone sings that badly that they need it to make half of the notes sound decent.
hey i use the redrum computer, then i edit the samples to my liking, i barely ever use preordained samples. i then sequence the beats in reason but not with the redrum computer sequencer, i use the actual reason sequencer for much more control.

any more crit?