Ok, don't laugh, but I have a LP Special 2 (not the greatest guitar but it was cheap) and a Bandit 112 (for a hundred dollars was a really good deal at the time). As I get better at playing, what would be better to buy first, a better amp or better guitar?
hmmmm bandits tube right?

But even if it isent, id say new guitar. Maybe decent epiphone les paul if you like your special? Or SG. Or MIM fat strat. What type of music do you play?
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
I play alternative rock/metal mostly and I was thinking about an Ibanez. Maybe an rg something.
Quote by Withateethuh
I play alternative rock/metal mostly and I was thinking about an Ibanez. Maybe an rg something.

yeh im no expert on ibanez, but an RG would go well i think. Or a strat maybe, with a humbucker.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Quote by stratele
hmmmm bandits tube right?

But even if it isent, id say new guitar. Maybe decent epiphone les paul if you like your special? Or SG. Or MIM fat strat. What type of music do you play?

No it's not actually.

I'd probably upgrade the guitar in this situation. I'd rather have a guitar that plays well and a decent amp instead of a great amp and a guitar that plays like crud.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Withateethuh

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought you wanted an upgrade in tone!
Get a schecter, or a gibson faded, or something. Ibanez's tones aren't that good unless you stick a whole buttload of distortion on it. I would stear clear of it.
Check out a fender with humbuckers. They are good for what you're looking for.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
its not bad for a solid state amp, I got one. I would upgrade your guitar
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
wow, this is the first time ive ever answered this question with this answer. get the new guitar, you have a really nice amp for a first. thats so weird.....
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
Quote by cashewchaching
Get a schecter, or a gibson faded, or something. Ibanez's tones aren't that good unless you stick a whole buttload of distortion on it. I would stear clear of it.

Now that's not fair. My old Ibby sounded great and I used to play AC/DC and Zeppelin like 24/7!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by cashewchaching
Ibanez tones aren't that good unless you stick a whole buttload of distortion on it.

Wow. Talk about ignorant.
If you want an Ibanez the only really good low-end one is the RG321. Get one without a locking bridge, unless you want to spend more. The lowest priced Ibanez with a good bridge is the S520/470, at around $600.
I usually would say amp, but it sounds like your amp is actually pretty decent. Your guitar however is not. I would go for a Epi Les Paul standard. I have the plus top (flamed maple cherry sunburst) standard, and it is an awesome guitar. I have heard good things about ibanezs, i have no experiene with them so go with whatever you think.
Quote by happytimeharry

We'll see how badass they truly are after their shins have been ravaged. Shin kicking is serious business.
Definently the guitar, I love Ibanez and will also suggest the RG 321. BUT, try a few different ones, a schecter, Epi Les Paul, Fat Strat, etc. and see what you like the best.

"Buttload of distortion" LMAO. Ibanez RG + Randall Clean channel = win
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
I'm sorta a guitar noob but can someone tell me the key factors into how a guitar plays different.
Quote by Withateethuh
I'm sorta a guitar noob but can someone tell me the key factors into how a guitar plays different.

Neck profile, string tension, action.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Feb 3, 2008,
I still can't believe the tool that said the Ibanez remark. And people wonder why other forums like Harmony central frown upon UG. Ignorant fools feeding false information.
Quote by Withateethuh

also the shape/feel/weight of the body, but mostly the neck/fingerboard shape/feel
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
All three of which are correctable.

If you like your tone but don't like how your guitar plays, get your guitar taken in for a setup. If it's incorrectable, buy a new guitar.
If you don't like your tone but you like how your guitar plays, buy a new amp.
If you don't like your tone and you don't like how your guitar plays (and you've attempted to get it set up and failed), buy a new amp then a new guitar.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
So what would be the major difference between playing a **** epiphone and a decent ibanez?
Quote by TJM2482
I still can't believe the tool that said the Ibanez remark. And people wonder why other forums like Harmony central frown upon UG. Ignorant fools feeding false information.

Well, if that's coming from Harmony Central, I'd say it's a case of 'pot calling the kettle back'.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by cashewchaching

wat
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Well, if that's coming from Harmony Central, I'd say it's a case of 'pot calling the kettle back'.
Nah Harmony for the most part is a good place, a little bit of elitists, but still good. I'm sick of the scene metalcore kids here bashing stuff for stupid reasons.
Quote by TJM2482
Nah Harmony for the most part is a good place, a little bit of elitists, but still good. I'm sick of the scene metalcore kids here bashing stuff for stupid reasons.

The thing that really turns me off Harmony are some of those god awful user reviews. I shudder when I think about it.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The thing that really turns me off Harmony are some of those god awful user reviews. I shudder when I think about it.
I go there for the forums, they're a lot more helpful at times than UG, but UG has far more people so you dont get buried as quickly. My thread at Harmony can get buried into the 2nd page within 15 minutes.
Quote by TJM2482
I go there for the forums, they're a lot more helpful at times than UG, but UG has far more people so you dont get buried as quickly. My thread at Harmony can get buried into the 2nd page within 15 minutes.

I lurk the forums sometimes. You get buried way quicker at Sputnik.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by TJM2482

Hippocricy much? Why do the people who say they don't like guitar companies that you like have to be into the same sort of music. They may not like Ibanez, and they can say that. That kid was kind of being ignorant, and you called him on it, however you are doing the same thing. You may not like "metalcore", but that doesn't mean it sucks and no one else can like it. That said, I don't use Ibanez, and i don't listen to "metalcore". What ever the hell that is. Also Harmony-Central is good because most people there can act like grown-ups, or are adults. Most of you guys don't fit those categories.
“Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.” - Leonard Cohen

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius
Quote by FendermanOC
Hippocricy much? Why do the people who say they don't like guitar companies that you like have to be into the same sort of music. They may not like Ibanez, and they can say that. That kid was kind of being ignorant, and you called him on it, however you are doing the same thing. You may not like "metalcore", but that doesn't mean it sucks and no one else can like it. That said, I don't use Ibanez, and i don't listen to "metalcore". What ever the hell that is. Also Harmony-Central is good because most people there can act like grown-ups, or are adults. Most of you guys don't fit those categories.

Ouch! That hurts.

Haha, I'm just joshing around, I agree.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by FendermanOC
Also Harmony-Central is good because most people there can act like grown-ups, or are adults. Most of you guys don't fit those categories.

This is true for the internet in general
Quote by The*Music*Man
wow, this is the first time ive ever answered this question with this answer. get the new guitar, you have a really nice amp for a first. thats so weird.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is also one of my few times I will suggest a guitar over an amp. go for a jackson, schecter, or ESP. cheap and sound great!